• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
2 months 4 days ago #361855

-- HikaShop version -- : Business: 5.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 5.1.1
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Fitrfoc 122.0.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None

Customer payments keep getting automatically cancelled in Hikashop immediately after payment (both PayPal and Stripe) - still not resolved!
Checking Hikashop support page realized Hikashop on site was slightly out of date.
Checking Joomla showed no updates required of Hikashop (which is why I hadn't updated Hikashop).
Firstly, what needs to change to make sure Hikashop signals in Joomla when it needs to update.
Secondly, (and I realise this is the wrong section) how do I fix the problem that Hikashop keeps cancelling the PayPal and Strip payments?
Note the failure only occured after a recent change in PayPal to PayPal Checkout from the obsolete PayPal payment plugin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13257
2 months 4 days ago #361857

Hi,

1. You're saying that the payments get cancelled. What does this means ? Are you talking about the payment transactions on your Stripe and PayPal merchant accounts ? Or are you talking about orders in HikaShop ? I suppose you must be talking about orders, but usually "payments" refers to the payment transactions, not the orders.
I don't see how switching from PayPal to PayPal Checkout would affect orders paid with Stripe.
I'm feeling the problem is not related to this but something else in your shop.
For example, it could be a mass action configured with an action which would result in orders being cancelled automatically.
First, I think we need to check the history of the orders, in order to get some clues on which steps of the workflow lead to the orders being cancelled.

2. Regarding the update notifications, manually updating HikaShop might have actually fixed the problem automatically. What you can also do is to go in the Joomla update sites manager and see if there is anything wrong with HikaShop's entry in there:
docs.joomla.org/Help4.x:Extensions:_Update_Sites

• Hikashop Business
2 months 4 days ago #361860

Hello Nicolas, Thank you for your fast response.
The problem is the PAYMENT gets cancelled.The sequence of emails is:
The person registers as part of the payment
email 1 'Account details for XXXX at webdomain.org ' (time 7:14 and all is correct on backend)
email2 'A new order has been created on your website' (say for order YYYY - at time 8:05 and again all is correct on back end)
The person makes the payment either by PayPal or Stripe, then
Email3 'YYYY payment notification: payment cancelled' (time 8:06 and on backend payment is cancelled)
All people trying to order have emailed me that they didin't cancel anything and that their their order payment went through and that they were surprised when the order cancelled.
Everything was working normally (a sit has been for the last several years) until yesterday ( 2 July )after I chnanged the PayPal payment plugin to the new PayPal Checkout on 1st July
The PayPal Checkout plug in was configured correctly and client authentication was successful. Now checking PayPal Checkout configuration while writing this message, I see client authentication for PayPal Checkout has now failed.
Nothing else has been changed in Hikashop (or any other part of the site) except the PayPal Checkout and the upgrade today of Hikashop to 5.1

• Hikashop Business
2 months 4 days ago #361861

I just realised I alsoI had corrected a single letter typo in the product code. Is that the cause?
Its not that obviously a cause. Everything progresses correctly though all the pages of the whole order and payment process so each page has found the correct product item in spite of the typo....

2 months 4 days ago #361864

Hi,

The "YYYY payment notification: payment cancelled" email means that either the payment gateway couldn't finish successfully the transaction, or that there was a problem with the transaction details. For example, if the amount paid by the customer is different than the amount of the order in HikaShop, HikaShop will cancel the order so that you can take the appropriate measures as either the customer tried to mess with the system to pay less than required for his order, or something is not configured properly.
Also, when this happens, the PayPal Checkout payment plugin will log details about the issue in the "payment log file" available under the Files section of the HikaShop configuration. So please check in there. If you could provide its content via our contact form, we could check the log to figure out what's wrong.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Having a typo in the product code won't change anything.
However, can you check the transactions on your PayPal merchant account ? Are the payments valid there ?
Could you also provide a screenshot of the settings of the PayPal Checkout payment method ?

• Hikashop Business
2 months 2 days ago #361894

Thank you for pointing me to the payment log file (which is new for me and very useful!).
From that log file it is clear that the failures of the PayPal Checkout are due to failure of client authentication presumably due to PayPal Checkout Client Authentication failing. The Stripe failure was only coincidentally at the same time and was due to shortage of funds in the purchaser's account.
What is the best way to I securely send you a screenshot of the PayPal Checkout payment method without revealing the public and private keys?

2 months 2 days ago #361896

Hi,

You can send an email to contact AT hikashop DOT com.
Make sure you include a link to this thread for reference.
Also, we don't need the keys. You can hide them or blur them or whatever.
But if the client authentification is failing, it normally means that either the client id or the client secret or the merchant ID are wrong. Please double check them, and make sure you don't have extra spaces in the input fields.
Also, you can't use sandbox credentials with the sandbox setting turned off, and you can't use live credentials with the sandbox setting turned on. So please check that you're using the correct credentials of your PayPal account.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds