Image issue on update to joomla 5

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
1 month 3 weeks ago #362137

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.beeswaxcandleshop.com/store/beeswax-votives-tealites.html
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 5.1.2
-- PHP version -- : 8.2.21
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firfox/chrome

I just updated joomla to joomla 5.1.2 - also updated Hikashop to latest version. Now I am missing images on some pages.
www.beeswaxcandleshop.com/store/beeswax-votives-tealites.html ----
www.beeswaxcandleshop.com/store.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13257
1 month 3 weeks ago #362138

Hi,

I can see that you still have the image tags:
i.imgur.com/ldi0f1j.png
However, the URL of the jpg image is moved to a data-src attribute instead of the normal src attribute, and instead, there is a transparent SVG image in the src attribute.
I think this comes from a third party extension as there is no such data-src tag in HikaShop.
Or you have some view overrides doing this.
So first, I would recommend checking the plugins of the group "system" via the Joomla plugins manager.
Also, you can try renaming temporarily the templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/ folder via FTP in order to rule out view overrides.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
1 month 2 weeks ago #362157

Thank you - I changed the setting on JCH Optimize to minimum and images are back - Are there other programs better than jch optimize that you like?

• Thank you received: 13257
1 month 2 weeks ago #362158

Hi,

To optimize JS / CSS and other things, I think it's the best. JCH Optimize does wonders, but it's indeed tricky to configures so that it doesn't cause problems.
For this problem, if it comes from JCH Optimize, I would recommend contacting the support of JCH Optimize. It looks like a bug to me.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds