• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Essential
3 weeks 4 days ago #363564

-- Joomla version -- : 5.1.4
-- PHP version -- : 8.2
-- Hikashop version -- : 5.1.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

Hi,

I’m using the paypal checkout plugin for the payment. The 4 x Paypal messaging is appearing on the product page, however, for the English page, it appears in French instead of in English. Also, I guess that it should be the UK to United States version (pay later or Pay in 4) appearing instead of the French version for this page. Is there something I can do so that the messaging appears in English for the English page or in the page of the language (as I may also add the Spanish language in the future)? I should also mention that my paypal account is a French account. Not sure if that makes a difference or not in how the messaging appears on my website?

Also, on the product page, I’m noticing that paypal is automatically calculating the amount of the 4 payments; however, when I choose a different variant with a different price, there is no change in the amount of the 4 payments. Is there something I can do so that the 4 payments are automatically calculated and updated for the variant selected?

Thank you!

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by Noe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13330
3 weeks 4 days ago #363571

Hi,

The message is displayed by PayPal based on your browser's preferred language.
In most cases, someone speaking french as his native language will have his browser's preferred language as french, and will look at your website with the french language selected. So both the page and the message will be in french.
It is not possible, as far as I know to force the language.

Regarding updating the message when the selected variant changes, that's something we didn't implement yet. But it's a good idea. We'll look at adding this for the next version of HikaShop.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noe

• Hikashop Essential
1 week 6 hours ago #363980

Thank you! I will try to ask somebody who uses mostly English or another language on their browser to check which language it appears in for them when they visit the page.

Also, I've just noticed that for the final checkout page where it's possible to pay with paypal or with a credit or debit card, in the French page, the text "Use one of the payment buttons or the credit card form below for your payment of xxx" as well as "credit card billing address" appear both in English. The rest of the page is translated fine (see attached image). Is this issue coming from hikashop or from paypal?

Great if the next hikashop version will be able to calculate the price for paypal x4 for each variant! Looking forward to it!

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13330
4 days 16 hours ago #363990

Hi,

This is not an issue in either PayPal of HikaShop. This happens because you didn't update your HikaShop french language file yet. And thus you're missing the french translations for these new texts of the interface. Update the french language file of HikaShop and you'll have all of this in french.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noe

• Hikashop Essential
4 days 15 hours ago #364002

Thanks Nicolas! It's now working fine!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds