- Posts: 966
- Thank you received: 11
Inform Customer Of Order Progress
11 years 4 months ago #203334
by MyWorld
Inform Customer Of Order Progress was created by MyWorld
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.0
When I get an order and I change the order status to, for example, "shipped" what happens? Does an email get sent to the customer? I guess I want to know how to inform the customer that their item has been shipped and where do I put the shipping confirmation number?
This is what I would like to happen when someone makes an order, please let me know how to do this:
1) They get an email when they create an order (which happens already)
2) I have the option to send them an email letting them know that their order is been processed
3) Send them an email to let them know that their order has been shipped.
Where and how do I do that please and thank you!!
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.0
When I get an order and I change the order status to, for example, "shipped" what happens? Does an email get sent to the customer? I guess I want to know how to inform the customer that their item has been shipped and where do I put the shipping confirmation number?
This is what I would like to happen when someone makes an order, please let me know how to do this:
1) They get an email when they create an order (which happens already)
2) I have the option to send them an email letting them know that their order is been processed
3) Send them an email to let them know that their order has been shipped.
Where and how do I do that please and thank you!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #203336
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Inform Customer Of Order Progress
Hi,
When you change the order status you have the choice to send a notification email to the customer.
So you have to check the box.
And if you want to send shipping details, the best is to create an order custom field which will be display in the email ; so you will have to modify the custom field and then the order status (with the notification).
Otherwise, you can still send the email manually using the "email" button in the order page.
Regards,
When you change the order status you have the choice to send a notification email to the customer.
So you have to check the box.
And if you want to send shipping details, the best is to create an order custom field which will be display in the email ; so you will have to modify the custom field and then the order status (with the notification).
Otherwise, you can still send the email manually using the "email" button in the order page.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #203384
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Inform Customer Of Order Progress
Sorry Jerome but what box do I need to check 
And, is there an example email of the "Order Status Notification" so that I can see what it says?
Thanks!
And, is there an example email of the "Order Status Notification" so that I can see what it says?
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 months ago #203395
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Inform Customer Of Order Progress
Hi,
When you are on the orders listing and you change the status of an order^, this popup appears:
take.ms/AViZ5
There, you can activate the order notification to the customer and see a preview of the email which will be sent.
When you are on the orders listing and you change the status of an order^, this popup appears:
take.ms/AViZ5
There, you can activate the order notification to the customer and see a preview of the email which will be sent.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds