- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
All I need is....
5 years 1 month ago #335277
by SizZLeR
All I need is.... was created by SizZLeR
-- url of the page with the problem -- : goerlevmotion.dk
The ability to add a single field containing a customers birthdate AND have that field printed to the order so it arrives in the email for the business to see and use.
Now, I read till my eyes started bleeding on how to do that and it all pointed towards some annual subscription and along the way i read something that implied that the essential version of hikashop would make it possible to add the field and have its input displayed in the email.
However, after deciding to pay 50 EUR every year just for having that one piece of information sent via the shop email on my website, it seems to appear that it wont even cut it, now everything seems to point towards a subscription of twice that cost, to add one field and have its contents printed in the order and confrmation email.
Is that really true?!? How many subscriptions will I end up with before I can have that one feature im asking for?
Please advice!
The ability to add a single field containing a customers birthdate AND have that field printed to the order so it arrives in the email for the business to see and use.
Now, I read till my eyes started bleeding on how to do that and it all pointed towards some annual subscription and along the way i read something that implied that the essential version of hikashop would make it possible to add the field and have its input displayed in the email.
However, after deciding to pay 50 EUR every year just for having that one piece of information sent via the shop email on my website, it seems to appear that it wont even cut it, now everything seems to point towards a subscription of twice that cost, to add one field and have its contents printed in the order and confrmation email.
Is that really true?!? How many subscriptions will I end up with before I can have that one feature im asking for?
Please advice!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #335279
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic All I need is....
Hello,
1. Create and use a custom field from the "Address" table via "Hikashop->Display->Custom fields".
2. Create and use a custom field from the "Order" table via "Hikashop->Display->Custom fields" (available through the business edition) and configure it to control in which email it should be displayed.
Also, if you need the business edition instead of the Essential one, you can always upgrade your Hikashop edition :
www.hikashop.com/index.php/extensions/upgrade-my-version.html
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
To do that you have 2 solutions :The ability to add a single field containing a customers birthdate AND have that field printed to the order so it arrives in the email for the business to see and use.
1. Create and use a custom field from the "Address" table via "Hikashop->Display->Custom fields".
2. Create and use a custom field from the "Order" table via "Hikashop->Display->Custom fields" (available through the business edition) and configure it to control in which email it should be displayed.
HikaShop's editions are not subscriptions but different editions of the component that you can buy with a 1 year free updates, support and web cron service for one website. So you'll be free to use your Hikashop's edition on your website even after 1 year.Is that really true?!? How many subscriptions will I end up with before I can have that one feature im asking for?
Also, if you need the business edition instead of the Essential one, you can always upgrade your Hikashop edition :
www.hikashop.com/index.php/extensions/upgrade-my-version.html
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds