• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business
3 months 1 week ago #361948

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 8.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any

Hi,

when saving in backend the billing address with VAT filled and the check is not valid, Hika does not show any error and just cancels saving. We have only format VAT check enabled.

Thanks,

Jan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 635
3 months 1 week ago #361950

Hello,

Please provide us your Address custom field configuration via a screenshot in order to allow us to try to reproduce your current issue.
You can active the Joomla Debug (in maximum level) in order to see if that provide any clues around your issue, and if yes provide a screenshot well to show us error message.
Regards

Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Philip.

2 months 1 week ago #362525

Hi,

thanks for the answer - it is the field address_vat - I am attaching the custom field details.

But I tried to find more details and found that response on saving the address is this:

<div id="hikashop_messages_error" class="hikashop_messages hikashop_error">
    <ul>
        <li>The VAT number you entered is not valid</li>
    </ul>
</div>
<html>
    <head>
        <script type="text/javascript">
            javascript: history.go(-1);
        </script>
    </head>
    <body></body>
</html>

So it shows the error and then goes back so the error is gone. I found it in /administrator/com_hikashop/controllers/user.php - method saveaddress().

Is there some special reason for this behavior?

Thanks, Jan

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 635
2 months 1 week ago #362527

Hello,

Unfortunately this will not be enough to allow us to understand what is not working.
Can you complete it with these elements:
- An Url link to your backend (administrator)
- Backend user references (with maximum Acl)
- Your VAT number in order to be sure that we reproduce your issue.

Note : Use our Contact us form to provide these elements, and don't forget to add an Url link to this topic.
Regards

Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Philip.

1 month 2 weeks ago #362973

Hi,

I don't think you need backend access - it is production system and so I cannot allow anyone to enter it as admin. But I can show you precisely what I meen.

• We use only VAT format check (Configuration - Main - VAT number check - Format check)
  • Editing customer in backend - billing or shipping address, it does not matter
  • I make some change to address (eg name or street) and at the same time I fill in the wrong VAT, that doesn't pass the format check (eg XXX)
  • The process finishes without any visible error but the changes are not saved

The reason is that the user controller (/administrator/com_hikashop/controllers/user.php) in saveaddress method returns javascript "javascript: history.go(-1);" and so the error "The VAT number you entered is not valid" shows only for split of second and then disappears.

Similar behaviour is also when editing customer address on order. I submits without any visible error but does not save the changes.

So please just try to show an error when saving not correctly formatted VAT. This is not urgent just for some future realease.

Thanks, Jan

• Thank you received: 13318
1 month 1 week ago #363012

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I see what you mean.
We'll look at improving this.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds