Skip to main content

Required payment information based on address field

More
9 years 4 months ago #269847 by prathers
I'm searching for at way to force the customer to enter specific required information, based on selected payment method.
For public institution, it's required that the invoice is shiped through a digital portal, and for that reason, I need the ID (named EAN) from the public customer.

Case: I've created a payment method, type 'HikaShop collect on delivery payment plugin' and named it 'EAN'. The customer select EAN as payment method and before submitting the order, I want the system to force the customer to enter the EAN number. Either in a specific form field, or make an address field required, if customer select 'EAN'.

Is there a way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #269848 by nicolas
Hi,

Yes. Instead of using the "collect on delivery" payment method, use the "purchase order" payment method.
That way, the customer will have a field to fill for that payment method and no field otherwise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #269895 by prathers
Thanks Nicolas - that did the trick!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #272744 by prathers
Hi again,
New challenge - this time shipping method.

I'm looking for a way to make a required field available, if customer choose a specific shipping method. In case of B2B shopping, our shipping provider demands a VAT registration number to proove they are a valid company. All I want is to force the customer to type in their VAT number, if they choose a B2B shipping method - no other validation on the field than *required?

It it possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #272747 by nicolas
Hi,

There is no option for that.
That would require some custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum