HikaShop Paypal Checkout Plugin - without instant capture

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
2 months 3 weeks ago #361477

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.4
-- Joomla version -- : 5.1.0
-- PHP version -- : 8.2.18
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 125.0.6422.142
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : The payment request was refused by PayPal. Please click here to return to the checkout.

Hi there,

I have a problem with the HikaShop Paypal Checkout plugin. The plugin itself works fine with every account I tested if I enable instant capture (accounts testet were developer account with sandbox and real merchant account). But if I turn off instant capture, the only error I get is "The payment request was refused by PayPal. Please click here to return to the checkout." on frontend.
The payment log shows the request to paypal and nothing more. I am stuck at this point, because we really need to turn the instant capture off (PayPal method "authorize").
Another thing I noticed which may be related is in frontend, if I click the paypal button an empty browser window frame opens. If I move it to the side, behind is the paypal login. Either this is part of the first problem or I need help with this, too.

Please let me know, if you need further information. Thanks in advance,
Sonja

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13257
2 months 3 weeks ago #361478

Hi,

For the empty window that's a known issue with the HTTP headers plugin of Joomla:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...out-form.html#issues

For the function without instant capture, could you try again with the "debug" setting activated in the payment method, and then provide a copy of the "payment log file" from the HikaShop configuration ?
I would recommend going through our contact form in order to provide the log in private:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: sonja.emmel

• Hikashop Business
2 months 3 weeks ago #361487

Thank you! First problem (with the empty frame) is solved. And I already sent the payment log.

2 months 3 weeks ago #361498

Hi,

Thank you for the payment log.
I looked into it and it will require extensive modifications to the payment plugin.
It will be added for the next version of HikaShop which is to be released before the end of the week.

• Hikashop Business
2 months 3 weeks ago #361563

Hi Nicolas,

thank you for the fast reactionj to my problem. I just downloaded the new version and tested the PayPal Checkout Plugin with instant capture turned off.
Unfortunaltely, I get a Fatal Error (HTTP 500) after the payment upon return to the shop website:

Cannot declare class hkHttpClient, because the name is already in use in /PATH_TO_INSTALLATION/plugins/hikashoppayment/paypalcheckout/paypalcheckout_override.php on line 11

The authorized payment ist visible in PayPal, so it works! Could you again give me a hand resolving the new error? If you need a payment log or further information, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Sonja

2 months 3 weeks ago #361566

Hi,

I'm not sure how this is happening as I don't have the error on my end. However, I've made a patch which should prevent the problem from happening. Download again the install package of the 5.1.0 and install it on yours and it should fix it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: oxido, sonja.emmel

• Hikashop Business
2 months 3 weeks ago #361568

You are awesome! I can't thank you enough for the extra fast fixes!

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas, oxido

• Hikashop Business
2 months 2 weeks ago #361602

I am so sorry to bother you again! After the second fix I never checked if the paypal payment still comes up as authorized in the paypal account. I just noticed with the second fix, that the fatal error after returning to the shop is fixed but now the instant capture off is ignored or at least doesn't happen, the payment is made directly. If I change the fixed file 'paypalcheckout.php' back to the first fixed version, instant capture off works but the 500 http status returns.

2 months 2 weeks ago #361603

Hi,

I don't have the issue on my end.
How did you configure the "pending status" setting of the payment method ?
You want to set it to "pending". If you set it to "confirmed", then the payment will be captured automatically after the authorization. That might be what's going on with the new file.
Also, could you activate the "debug" setting of the payment method before making another test ? This way, you will get information in the "payment log file" of the HikaShop configuration which should allow us to better understand what's going on.

• Hikashop Business
2 months 2 weeks ago #361632

Good morning, Nicolas!
It was the pending status. This was set to 'created' and not 'pending'. I actually just did a test with the live account and the paypal transaction status is correctly set to 'authorized'.
Thank you so much! I wouldn't have looked at the order status for a long time without your hint.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds