• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
2 months 6 days ago #361821

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 8
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Fire fox

Hi,
I have an issue with your system when being payed via eCheque through PayPal, it changes the order status to 'Payment Recieved' when it should change it to 'created' until the payment has been released!?

This has previously cost me a lot of money when we have been unable to recover the money as the payment was declined!! I did think this was a one off but its happended again!!

I have spoken to PayPal as I thought it was thier issue but they inform me its an issue with your software?

Correct procedure should be: payed with eCheque: order goes onto created: eCheque cleared: order status Payment Recieved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13257
2 months 6 days ago #361824

Hi,

That's indeed how it should be. I looked into it and I think I know what's going on.
However, I'm not able to test this as it's apparently not possible to test echecks with the sandbox PayPal provides to developers.
So I'm not sure if what I think should be done will work, nor if it's actually a configuration issue, not a code issue.
So I propose to do 2 things:
- Change the code:

if($response->result->intent == 'AUTHORIZE' && $response->result->status == 'APPROVED') {
to:
if($response->result->intent == 'AUTHORIZE' && in_array($response->result->status, array('APPROVED', 'COMPLETED'))) {
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypalcheckout/paypalcheckout.php
- Turn on the "debug" setting of the payment method.
That way, if the change helps, then, it's problem solved. If it doesn't, please provide what you get in the "payment log file" of the HikaShop configuration. That should give us enough information to understand what's going on.

• Hikashop Business
2 months 5 days ago #361843

Hi, I cannot find this line of code in the file? 5.0.4

if($response->result->intent == 'AUTHORIZE' && $response->result->status == 'APPROVED') {

• Thank you received: 13257
2 months 5 days ago #361848

Hi,

Oh, you're on the 5.0.4 ? Then, that changes everything. You said 5.1.0 in your first message, so I based my reasoning on this.
If you have the 5.0.4, then the first thing would be to update HikaShop to the 5.1.0. We've made major improvements to the PayPal Checkout plugin as well as many fixes with the 5.1.0. Just updating might help fix the problem. And if not, you'll be able to make the modification I was talking about.

• Hikashop Business
2 months 4 days ago #361863

Hi, Updated so will see how it goes now.

Rgds

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds