- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 0
Characteristics problems in backend as frontend
- webmasterab
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.12
I import my products using a CSV file.
This went well until today.
suddenly it no longer works.
If I then create the variable in the backend I can click it but nothing is done with the information.
The price is not adjusted etc.
If I set the variable to standard in the bakcend, it will show the wait button because the stock is 0.
I put another variant on standard and I want to choose the variant without price and which is set to 0, nothing happens frontend.
It is also the case that if I choose 75 C and I add it to the cart, a completely different product is added to the cart
This is the default value
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I got your two links before the CSV import and after the CSV import. But I don't see any difference. In both case, I see the add to cart button and the contact us button:
monosnap.com/file/0Cnv2ZUfHVjzEc4oNHSDTtHhtsASTS
monosnap.com/file/gQta0PN0VDkcGZrhDltg3ziIzEbtQ2
Now from your screenshots here, I can't say what product you're using for your example here. So I can't check on your website.
It would be great if you could provide:
- screenshots of all the settings of the product and of the settings of the variant with the issue
- screenshots of the issue on the frontend for that same product
- a link to that product on your frontend
That way, we can have a clear overview of the situation and check what's going on.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- webmasterab
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 0
But it is not more convenient if you look in the backend.
It is now just more with the products before or after an import.
Have it now with other products.
Don't understand, I think I changed something that shouldn't have been done.
Can I just place it here or do you prefer it by mail?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- webmasterab
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 0
If I use this and click cancel on the waiting list page, I will get the shopping cart button again, and if I add the default will be added.
Something is not going well somewhere, but where I have no idea
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- webmasterab
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 0
Then I will arrange that
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- webmasterab
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 0
Just checked a few things and the products just seem to work in the frontend.
The recently added products via import do not seem to be doing well.
I can't figure it out.
Can you reproduce it?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- webmasterab
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I confirm that I don't have such problem on my end.
That's why I need precise information on the situation to be able to understand what's going on.
A backend access would be even better.
You can provide it along with a link to this thread via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
But I still need you to tell me which product is having the problem so that I can investigate.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- webmasterab
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I got the access but I'm not able to log to your backend with it.
Could you please double check the credentials and make sure they are working ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- webmasterab
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for the access.
I think I found the solution.
Change the code:
It actually comes from the way the Joomla library automatically generates the id of the radio button which conflicts with the id of the dropdowns and make it so the javascript of the characteristics switching system to behave differently.
This patch manually generates the id for Joomla so that it doesn't have to generate it automatically.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- webmasterab
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 0
We are going to work with it.
maybe an idea to look at it to fix it for the future and that Joomla is not getting in the way of this anymore.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Of course this fix will be added to the next version of HikaShop.
This bug has been there for years.
The problem is that it only happens in special conditions:
- you need several radio characteristics on the same product
- you need to have the id of the characteristic + the id of the value glued together matching with the id of another characteristic
That's why no one reported that issue so far
So don't worry, that bug won't happen again in the future.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- webmasterab
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 0
Then all searching has been in vain.
You are super busy with Hikashop and certainly in providing support.
Thank you for this
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.