- Posts: 966
- Thank you received: 11
Too Many Product Images Needed When Using Variants
3 years 3 months ago #352157
by MyWorld
Too Many Product Images Needed When Using Variants was created by MyWorld
Hi there,
If I have a dress that comes in 3 colours and each colour have 3 sizes, eg: Green (S,M,L), Blue (S,M,L) and Red (S,M,L), in order for the colour of each dress to be displayed when the user choose a colour and a size, I have to add an image of the dress to every available colour/size. So if I have 3 images for each colour, in this example, I would end up adding 27 images instead of 9.
Is there not a way to add the images of each dress only to the colour variant or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!
If I have a dress that comes in 3 colours and each colour have 3 sizes, eg: Green (S,M,L), Blue (S,M,L) and Red (S,M,L), in order for the colour of each dress to be displayed when the user choose a colour and a size, I have to add an image of the dress to every available colour/size. So if I have 3 images for each colour, in this example, I would end up adding 27 images instead of 9.
Is there not a way to add the images of each dress only to the colour variant or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 3 months ago #352159
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Too Many Product Images Needed When Using Variants
Hi,
There is.
When you create your product, you need to do it in two steps.
First, add the color characteristic to your product.
Then, add the variants for the color characteristic, and add the images to them.
Then, add the size characteristic to the product.
Finally, select the variants already created, and use the "duplicate" button on the variants listing to generate the variants for the different sizes.
There is.
When you create your product, you need to do it in two steps.
First, add the color characteristic to your product.
Then, add the variants for the color characteristic, and add the images to them.
Then, add the size characteristic to the product.
Finally, select the variants already created, and use the "duplicate" button on the variants listing to generate the variants for the different sizes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 11 months ago #355677
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Too Many Product Images Needed When Using Variants
Hi Nicolas,
I followed the instructions above and it worked fine. However, there is one issue.
When I go back to add more photos, I have to add it to all the sizes that was created.
Please see attached and advise if there is an easier way, because in this example, I would have to open 12 variants to add the photos.
Thanks!
I followed the instructions above and it worked fine. However, there is one issue.
When I go back to add more photos, I have to add it to all the sizes that was created.
Please see attached and advise if there is an easier way, because in this example, I would have to open 12 variants to add the photos.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 11 months ago #355696
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Too Many Product Images Needed When Using Variants
Hi,
You could delete the size characteristic from the main product. That will mean you'll only have one set of variants, one per color.
Then, edit each color variant, and then add back the size characteristic, and duplicate again the variants.
Etiher this, or you need to edit each variant.
You could delete the size characteristic from the main product. That will mean you'll only have one set of variants, one per color.
Then, edit each color variant, and then add back the size characteristic, and duplicate again the variants.
Etiher this, or you need to edit each variant.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds