Hide products in category listing menu

• Thank you received: 4
11 months 1 week ago #355508

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.4
-- PHP version -- : 8.1

Hi Nicolas,
Yes, I know it's been the subject of a number of topics, but I'm confused about a couple of things:

1. As I understand it, if I which to hide all products in this menu type, the products not be in the main or direct sub categories, correct?

For instance, I have the main 'Product category', then 2 sub-cats (A and B), then further sub-sub-cats (A1, A2, B1, B2 etc)... There are no products in either the main category, or A and B sub-cats... products are all linked to sub-sub-cats. But when I use the menu type 'Hikashop category listing', It is still showing products from sub-sub-cats... the Sub elements filter
for Category options AND Product options are both set to Direct sub elements.

How do I set it up so it doesn't show any products at all?

2. Why is there not an option not to show products in the Category options tab? I suspect it would make life much easier for many Hikashop usrs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13257
11 months 1 week ago #355513

Hi,

1. That shouldn't be the case, unless you linked the products to A / B and "product category" in the "categories" setting of the products. Normally, you should only select A1 / A2 / A3 etc (the leaves of the categories tree) in that setting, and in that case, with the "direct sub elements" choice selected in the "sub elements filter" setting of the "products options" tab of your menu item, you won't see products directly below the sub categories listing of the current category when the current main category is A, B or "product category".

2. Because if we add a setting to not display products when categories are displayed in the "categories options" tab, then we'll have merchants with the opposite problem. They'll come ask us why they don't see products even though all the settings under the "products options" tab are correct in their menu item.

• Thank you received: 4
11 months 1 week ago #355541

nicolas wrote: Hi,

1. That shouldn't be the case, unless you linked the products to A / B and "product category" in the "categories" setting of the products. Normally, you should only select A1 / A2 / A3 etc (the leaves of the categories tree) in that setting, and in that case, with the "direct sub elements" choice selected in the "sub elements filter" setting of the "products options" tab of your menu item, you won't see products directly below the sub categories listing of the current category when the current main category is A, B or "product category".

2. Because if we add a setting to not display products when categories are displayed in the "categories options" tab, then we'll have merchants with the opposite problem. They'll come ask us why they don't see products even though all the settings under the "products options" tab are correct in their menu item.

Thanks Nicolas. I will go through and check again - the Hikashop install was a fresh install on J4, but I imported the products tables across from an old website. Maybe there is something in there which is causing the issue.

In regards to 2), although I understand your reasoning I would say that, as it is a menu item called 'Category listing', users would logically think it shows category listings only, not products as well. It seems reasonable to me to not include products automatically/mandatorily, and at the very least to have an option to not show them (which according to reply to 1) is possible, so I will check that out again :) ).

Anyway, thanks again for the quick response - I'll let you know if I find the issue and resolve it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas, pleslie

• Thank you received: 0
3 months 4 days ago #361371

To create a menu in Hikashop and show only categories and hide Products, you must also select the Sort Type option (category_name) under Data Display in the category options section of the menu you open. I'm attaching a screenshot of this process here
I tried very hard and found it by trial and error. :)))

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13257
3 months 4 days ago #361373

Hi,

No, this won't help. This will only sort the categories by their name.
If you want to not have the products below the categories, make sure that the "sub elements filter" setting under the "Products options" tab is set to "direct sub elements".

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds