- Posts: 172
- Thank you received: 27
Product Variation Missing
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #359843
by yerg55
Product Variation Missing was created by yerg55
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.27
Running a test site to go live and manage suddenly said we need some sliced/unsliced and seeded/unseeded options
Where I've got to.
Settings below and nothing shows on the product link
Product Name
Specifications showing sliced/unsliced
Variants link
Products Characteristics
Can't get that option to appear at all.
Obviously missing something seriously simple.
Thanks
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.27
Running a test site to go live and manage suddenly said we need some sliced/unsliced and seeded/unseeded options
Where I've got to.
Settings below and nothing shows on the product link
Product Name
Specifications showing sliced/unsliced
Variants link
Products Characteristics
Can't get that option to appear at all.
Obviously missing something seriously simple.
Thanks
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by yerg55.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 6 months ago #359845
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product Variation Missing
Hi,
1. Delete the variant you've created, and remove the characteristics from the product.
2. Create a new characteristic "sliced" with two values : yes and no
3. Create a new characteristic "seeded" with two values: yes and no
4. Add both characteristics to the product
5. Add the 4 variants to the product under its variants tab
That way, on the frontend you'll end up with two dropdowns, one for "sliced" with the values "yes" and "no", and one for "seeded" with the values "yes" and "no" so that the customer can choose between them before adding the product to the cart.
1. Delete the variant you've created, and remove the characteristics from the product.
2. Create a new characteristic "sliced" with two values : yes and no
3. Create a new characteristic "seeded" with two values: yes and no
4. Add both characteristics to the product
5. Add the 4 variants to the product under its variants tab
That way, on the frontend you'll end up with two dropdowns, one for "sliced" with the values "yes" and "no", and one for "seeded" with the values "yes" and "no" so that the customer can choose between them before adding the product to the cart.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 6 months ago #359847
by yerg55
Replied by yerg55 on topic Product Variation Missing
Ahhhhh
Yes and No
Me trying to be too smart.
Thanks so much Nicholas, much appreciated.
Yes and No
Me trying to be too smart.
Thanks so much Nicholas, much appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 6 months ago #359881
by yerg55
Replied by yerg55 on topic Product Variation Missing
1.Delete the variant you've created, and remove the characteristics from the product.
Completed
2. Create a new characteristic "sliced" with two values : yes and no
Completed
3.Create a new characteristic "seeded" with two values: yes and no
No requirement for this product
4. Add the characteristics to the product
Completed
5. Add the 2 variants to the product under its variants tab
:oops:
No change on the public end.
Completed
2. Create a new characteristic "sliced" with two values : yes and no
Completed
3.Create a new characteristic "seeded" with two values: yes and no
No requirement for this product
4. Add the characteristics to the product
Completed
5. Add the 2 variants to the product under its variants tab
:oops:
No change on the public end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 6 months ago #359889
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product Variation Missing
Hi,
That sounds correct.
However, not enough to conclude on anything. I'm suspecting there is something else you're not telling me. For example, if you've unpublished the 2 variants of the product, then the characteristic selector would not display on the product page since there wouldn't be any variants available. Same if you would have a "quantity" of 0 in them or in the main product, or if you have price of 0 for that product and the "display add to cart button for free produts" setting is deactivated in the HikaShop configuration.
Also, with the "Display values on listings" setting activated in the settings of the characteristic, you should see the yes / no values on the listing where that product is listed on the frontend. However, I don't see any product with that on your website products listings.
I also checked the product code of several products on your shop but I couldn't find the product with the code CL-530 on your website. Could you provide the URL of that product ?
Second, could you provide screenshots of all the settings of the product and of the variants ? That way, I could have a better picture of the situation to be able to tell you what you're missing. Because if I do the same I told you on my end, I do get the characteristic selector on the product page.
That sounds correct.
However, not enough to conclude on anything. I'm suspecting there is something else you're not telling me. For example, if you've unpublished the 2 variants of the product, then the characteristic selector would not display on the product page since there wouldn't be any variants available. Same if you would have a "quantity" of 0 in them or in the main product, or if you have price of 0 for that product and the "display add to cart button for free produts" setting is deactivated in the HikaShop configuration.
Also, with the "Display values on listings" setting activated in the settings of the characteristic, you should see the yes / no values on the listing where that product is listed on the frontend. However, I don't see any product with that on your website products listings.
I also checked the product code of several products on your shop but I couldn't find the product with the code CL-530 on your website. Could you provide the URL of that product ?
Second, could you provide screenshots of all the settings of the product and of the variants ? That way, I could have a better picture of the situation to be able to tell you what you're missing. Because if I do the same I told you on my end, I do get the characteristic selector on the product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 6 months ago #359915
by yerg55
Replied by yerg55 on topic Product Variation Missing
Thanks Nicholas
Didn't resolve the issue directly but got me on the right path.
I was over thinking things and missed the obvious.
Thanks as always
Didn't resolve the issue directly but got me on the right path.
I was over thinking things and missed the obvious.
Thanks as always
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds