• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
3 months 3 days ago #361380

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.4
-- Joomla version -- : 5.1.1

Hello,

MENU -> Hikashop->Categories listing

THIS IS OK:

• Layout type: Image and description -> the Description of the category -> There is displayed text as far "Read more" flag.
  • After the category is open - there is displayed whole text

THIS IS NOT OK:
  • Products options -> Table
  • For the products listed in category - as Description of the product is listed whole description text
  • I need to be displayed text as far "Read more" flag. ...and whole text should be displayed after the "product details" is open

Would you be so kind to help me with this, please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 629
3 months 3 days ago #361381

Hello,

Go in the menu Display => Views and edit the file "listing_img_title" (or relative selected Layout type) of the view "product/listing_img_title". There add a link like that:

<a href="<?php echo $link;?>"><?php echo JText::_('MY_READ_MORE'); ?></a>

Then, if required in the Languages tab of the configuration, edit your translation files and add a override like that:
MY_READ_MORE="Read more" or else...

Regards

Last edit: 3 months 3 days ago by Philip.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
3 months 2 days ago #361393

Hello Philip,

Probably I not clearly explained what I need

How it works now
Categories list

• Category 1
    Description of the Category 1 Description of the Category 1 Description of the Category 1 Description of the Category 1 Description of the Category 1 Description of the Category 1
  • Category 2
    Description of the Category 2 Description of the Category 2 Description of the Category 2 Description of the Category 2 Description of the Category 2 Description of the Category 2

After you click to Category 1 – then you see:
  • Category 1
    Description of the Category 1 Description of the Category 1 Description of the Category 1 Description of the Category 1 Description of the Category 1 Description of the Category 1
    ....................................................... (readmore )
    Detailed description of the Category 1 Detailed description of the Category 1 Detailed description of the Category 1 Detailed description of the Category 1 Detailed description of the Category 1 Detailed description of the Category 1

BUT - the same - with products - looks like a bug

Categories list
  • Category 1
  • Product 1
    Description of the product 1 Description of the product 1 Description of the product 1 Description of the product 1 Description of the product 1 Description of the product 1 Description of the product 1
    ....................................................... (readmore )
    Detailed description of the product 1 Detailed description of the product 1 Detailed description of the product 1 Detailed description of the product 1 Detailed description of the product 1 Detailed description of the product 1 Detailed description of the product 1 Detailed description of the product 1 Detailed description of the product 1

It should look like that

Categories list
  • Category 1
  • Product 1
    Description of the product 1 Description of the product 1 Description of the product 1 Description of the product 1 Description of the product 1 Description of the product 1 Description of the product 1

• Thank you received: 13257
3 months 2 days ago #361397

Hi,

From what you wrote before, I understand that you're using the "table" layout for your products listing.
However, the table layout doesn't display the description of the product at all by default.
If you switch to "div" with the "image and description" item layout, you should see that the description of the product displays up to the read more tag, like for the description of the category.

What all of this means is that I think you (or someone on your end or your template provider) must have customized the product / listing_table view file in order to add the display of the description, but instead basing himself on the code in product / listing_img_description in order to have the description cut at the read more tag, you used some other code.
So you'll have to edit the product / listing_table view file via the menu Display>Views in order to look at the code and correct the code for the description display based on what we have by the product / listing_img_description view file.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pajerchin

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds