I want my url to look like this: www.mysite.com/shop/category/subcategory/produc

• Thank you received: 0
3 months 2 days ago #361408

For the love of god, tell me how can I make product url to look like this:

www.mysite.com/shop/category/subcategory/product (subcategory might be optional)

For example:

www.mysite.com/shop/tables/small_tables/white_small_table

And how can I keep this structure consistently through each step? How to remove words "category" or "product" from url? Why are they even there? I do not need www.mysite.com/shop/category/tables/
I do not need www.mysite.com/shop/product/white_small_table

Just explain to me how to get this: www.mysite.com/shop/tables/small_tables/white_small_table

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13257
3 months 1 day ago #361417

Hi,

Go to your Joomla menu manager.
Create a menu item with the alias "shop" without any parent menu item and configure it to display the main categories of your shop.
Create a menu item with the alias "tables" with the "shop" menu item as parent menu and configure it to display the categories under the "tables" category.
Create a menu item with the alias "small_tables" with the "tables" menu item as parent menu and configure it to display the categories under the "small tables" category.
Create a product with the alias "white_small_table" under the small tables category.
Finally, under the Features tab of the HikaShop configuration, turn on the "remove category and product id from URLs" setting, and empty the setting "Product SEF name".
You should then get the URL www.mysite.com/shop/tables/small_tables/white_small_table when trying to access the white small table product from these menu items.

• Thank you received: 0
3 months 1 day ago #361424

Well, thank you.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds