• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
2 months 3 weeks ago #361540

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.4
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 8.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Microsoft Edge Version 125.0.2535.92
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Greetings, is it possible to off load the product pictures and files to S3 storage on Digital Ocean Spaces? Is there built in area for this I am not seeing? I use Hikamarket also so I would like to do that in there also. thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13257
2 months 3 weeks ago #361542

Hi,

With S3, if you configure your bucket to be public with a website endpoint, you can configure it for the files uploaded to be accessible to the outside:
docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/user...siteRestEndpointDiff
docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/user...ebsiteOnS3Setup.html
And as far as I can see, there is a similar mechanism with Digital Ocean Spaces:
docs.digitalocean.com/products/spaces/ho...listing-permissions/
If you do that, you can then use the URL of these files in the HikaShop interface when adding new files / images with the file/image add/edit popup in your products.

Now, if you want the files/images users upload to HikaShop to be automatically saved to S3 or Spaces, so that the whole process is automated, there is no solution. I know that one of our partners, Obsidev ( www.obsidev.com/ ), had worked on a plugin for S3 in order to do this for a user of HikaShop a few years ago. And I know he had some plans to release a generic version of the plugin at some point. But he got busy with other things in the past few years and didn't had time to move forward with this. So you might want to contact him in order to check with him what would be possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds