• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
2 months 2 weeks ago #361691

-- url of the page with the problem -- : store.dansmith.ca/
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.12 Stable
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : EDGE 126.0.2592.68

Hello, first time here, thanks for reading.

I want to sell some of my AI art, but I would like to display two different prices, one for Personal Use and one for Commercial Use. In the Product page, you can add two or more different prices, but only the first one shows up. Can I have it so that the prices are displayed like this, and allow the user to select which license is preferred?

Personal License: $x.xx
Commercial License: $x.xx

When they click on the Personal license checkbox, it will show the price of that image in their cart, and when they click on the Commercial license it will show the commercial license value.

How do I do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13257
2 months 1 week ago #361694

Hi,

There are a few ways to go about it based on what is acceptable and the details of your project. Here are the two main ones :

- You could create a "license" characteristic with two values "personal" and "commercial" and add that characteristic in your products. Then, in each product, you can add the variant for each value and configure its price. This is great if you need to have different prices for different products (and other things like being able to display a different image based on what is selected, or have the stock managed per variant instead of the whole product, but these are not relevant to your situation). Thanks to the "Characteristics selection method" setting of the HikaShop configuration, you can have that selection as radios, dropdown, or a list with one row per variant. Based on what I can see on your website, I don't think you want to go that road.
An example of a product with two characteristics: demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...with-characteristics

- You could still create the "license" characteristic I was talking about in my previous point. However, instead of adding it directly to your products, you could create an unpublished category and create products in that category with this characteristic added to them with the prices in the products. Then, add one of these products in the "options" setting of your main products. This way you can leave your main products without price, and configure the prices once in each option product, and then just add the correct option product to the main product to set the pricing. This is a more lightweight setup for you and I think it will better suits your needs. Options can also be displayed as radio, dropdown, and even checkboxes thanks to the "Product selection method" setting. Also, the price of each choice is directly displayed to the customer, so I think it is also better for what you want display-wise.
An example of a product with options: demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...ct-page/with-options

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
2 months 1 week ago #361704

Thank you very much! This worked very well. If you re-visit my site, I have one image set up with a Personal License and Commercial license. When you select each one of them, the price changes.

Cheers from Canada, et merci beaucoup!

Dan

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds