product variant showing different price

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business
2 months 4 days ago #361876

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Brave Version 1.67.123 Chromium: 126.0.6478.126 (Official Build) (arm64)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error messages

Greetings,

Our client has a handful of products on their site that are showing dramatically lower prices for individual variants. There is no special pricing set for the variants and I don't see any coupons or discounts that would cause the issue.

I have left this product published but am hoping for a quick resolution so that I don't have to reimburse my client for the lost revenue if it sells at the wrong price.

Please advise.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13257
2 months 3 days ago #361877

Hi,

I'm not able to access your link:
i.imgur.com/qp8TMS1.png
What I would recommend is to set the "access level" of this product to a special user group and provide us with a user account with access to that user group. That way, we could access the page of that product in order to check things out without your normal users seeing it.
Also, a backend access would be great in order to check the settings of the shop. Besides a discount, or the price of the variant itself, plugins could also change the price of a variant on the fly, like the "price calculations" plugin we have on our marketplace.
Also, since there is the problem for only a handful of products, how about making a copy of these products ? If it comes from a discount or something like this, the duplicated products might not be affected.

2 months 2 days ago #361898

edit

Last edit: 2 months 2 days ago by Genr8r. Reason: sensitive info

• Thank you received: 629
2 months 2 days ago #361900

Hello,

The price you obtain corresponds to the application of your discount "QuartzJuly2024", the simple fact of unpublishing this discount allows you to have prices consistent with the settings of your products.

Regards

1 month 4 weeks ago #361940

Why does the discount not apply correctly? It is 35.5% discount

When I look at size 5 I get the following prices - $47.73 $30.79 each
When I look at size 11 I get the following prices - $3.44 $2.22 each

The two variants are set up the same and have the same pricing, but the discount is applying dramatically differently for the two variants.

I would not mind but there are other products that have the same issue.

1 month 4 weeks ago #361944

Hi,

I'm not following you.
If I remove 35.5% of 47.73, I get 30.79:
i.imgur.com/WyRKa7I.png
If I remove 35.5% of 3.44, I get 2.22:
i.imgur.com/sIM4q8P.png
So mathematically speaking, the discount is added to both prices in the exact same way.
I think you must be talking about something else than the way the discount is applied to the price.
That 3.44 must come from somewhere. I wanted to look at the settings of your product and its variants, but I can't find the "blue / green created opal quartz ring" product. The frontend link you had provided for it before also doesn't work anymore. Did you delete it since talking about it ?

1 month 4 weeks ago #361954

You are addressing exactly our concern. The discount is applying properly to size 5 but when we switch to size 11 it drops the retail price dramatically and then applies the discount.

I can't figure out why adding the discount changes the retail price down to 3.44.

The product is visible only to logged in super users. It is product code - m363rbl

1 month 4 weeks ago #361957

Hi,

Thanks. It seems to be a problem with the discount being applied several times, once for each variant. It must be an issue with the variable reference being reused by PHP. It might be a problem specific to the version of PHP you have as I don't have the problem on my end. Could you provide a FTP access to the website via our contact form so that I can add debug into the code in order to dig deeper into the problem and apply a fix for it ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

1 month 3 weeks ago #362065

Hi,

Thank you for the access.
I found out that the issue was related to another change we made to be able to support discounts made directly on variants. For this, we have to add the discount on the price of the variant. However, at the point where this is done, the price of the variant is, in your case, a copy of the price from the main product. And that price from the main product already has the discount on the main product applied to it.
I've modified the code so that when the system tries to add a discount to a price, it first checks if the price doesn't already have a discount applied. If so, it skips the process.
I've tested the modification on your website and I can confirm it fixes the problem.

For anyone with the same issue, download again the install package of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours and it will add the patch.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds