URL to productpage

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
1 month 2 weeks ago #362241

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.6
-- PHP version -- : 8.1

Hello,

I have something very strange on a website regarding the URL with several Hikashop products.
I'll take 2 of them as an example: Konica Minolta AccurioPrint C4065
and the Konica Minolta bizhub 4020i

The Konica Minolta AccurioPrint C4065 has the URL: 01.bluepoint-concept.nl/producten/printe...a-accurioprint-c4065

and the Konica Minolta bizhub 4020i has the URL: 01.bluepoint-concept.nl/konica-minolta-bizhub-4020i

The strange thing is that I have NOT indicated a canonical URL in Hikashop for both products. However, one product goes to 01.bluepoint-concept.nl/productname and the other goes to 01.bluepoint-concept.nl/menu/submenu/product/productname

Everything is set up the same and there are no redirects or anything like that.

I would like to hear if you can determine the possible cause.

This message contains confidential information

Ps. this is an test environment... Joomla version: 4.2.7 and Hikashop 5.0.3 (live site is on the newer version, but the same issue.

Regards,
Michiel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13257
1 month 2 weeks ago #362243

Hi,

That's not what I see on your website.

For example, if I look for the "Konica Minolta bizhub 4020i" product on the page 01.bluepoint-concept.nl/producten/ in the module "Hieronder een greep uit ons assortiment" I get the URL 01.bluepoint-concept.nl/component/hikash...minolta-bizhub-4020i not the URL 01.bluepoint-concept.nl/konica-minolta-bizhub-4020i

Basically, what this means is that HikaShop will generate the URL for each product based on the current situation. And there can be many variables taken into account. For example, for a module, like the one of my example, you have a "menu" setting where you can select the menu item to use. The fact that I get the URL 01.bluepoint-concept.nl/component/hikash...minolta-bizhub-4020i with component/hikashop indicates that you didn't select a menu item in that setting or that the one selected there has been deleted / changed or has some kind of restriction preventing HikaShop to use it (otherwise, it would generate a URL leading to a 404 error page).

This also means that you currently have several URLs for the same product as the same product can be accessed from different places. Entering a canonical URL in each product and activating the "force canonical URLs on listing" setting will fix all that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds