CanadaPost shipping plugin problem

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikaauction Standard Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
2 weeks 1 day ago #360660

-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : There is a mismatch between the endpoints and the authorization. Please ensure production keys are used with production endpoints and development keys are used with development endpoints.

Hi there,

I've configured my CanadaPost shipping plugin as per the instructions here: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...dapost-adv-form.html

As far as I can tell, your plugin requires the postal code to be XXXXXX, but the format for Canadian postal codes is actually XXX XXX.

There's a space in the middle.

Is this what is causing the problem, and if so, how can I change it? People will enter their postal codes with the space most of the time.

I also found this, which indicates that this might be a coding error with the plugin? github.com/verbb/postie/issues/25

Please advise how to fix the postal code field (if required) to accept postal codes with spaces where they're supposed to be OR no space, and how to resolve the endpoint issue.

Last edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by DogPeople.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4006
2 weeks 1 day ago #360662

Hello,

You have a setting called "sandbox" ; that settings change from "test" to "production".
If you entered production credentials but indicates that you're in sandbox mode, the credentials would be refused with such error message.

Regarding the postcode, the plugin handles perfectly post codes with spaces in it.
The plugin does not refuse the postcode in your configuration if you add a space in it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

2 weeks 10 hours ago #360687

I changed that and tested again. Got this. Seems like the space is a problem?

Attachments:

1 week 6 days ago #360697

Hello,

The plugin had some code to handle customer post-codes with spaces ; after a new check, the postcode from your configuration is sent directly to the API which does not accept spaces (it's not our fault, it's from Canada Post itself).
Thus, I added a new patch in order to remove spaces from the postcode configuration when sending it to the Canada Post API.

Your can re-download the plugin to get the fix.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

1 week 6 days ago #360703

Thanks, that fixed it.

However, it looks like there isn't any option for oversized letter mail.

When you're shipping smaller items, like books, very often, they will fit into oversized letter mail, which is much more cost-effective. In fact, anything that is under 500 grams and fits the dimensions specified would be shipped with this method inside Canada

Is there any way to add that option to the list of options for the CanadaPost plugin? It is limited to certain sizes and dimensions if that is a factor.

I considered putting in a flat rate for that option and using minimum weights and sizes to restrict the Canada Post option to anything larger than that, but you only have a total volume option, so I can't override the individual dimensions. I'd need to be able to specify the length, width and thickness of each item to do that.

Here's a link to that page in case you need more information to update the plugin: www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/su...ze-requirements.page ?

Last edit: 1 week 6 days ago by DogPeople.

1 week 6 days ago #360706

Hello,

Are you using the "Library Books" service ?

I understand your need but I don't know how the plugin can handle that since the plugin is creating packages via the HikaShop packaging function and then call the Canada Post APIs (for the different enabled services) in order to get the right price.
I read the link you gave but there is no information to "update the plugin".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

1 week 5 days ago #360724

Hi,

The Library Books service is only for actual libraries. This is not a library. What I need is oversized letter mail.

Failing that, I need to have the option to exclude it based on the dimensions of the items - length, breadth, and thickness. Currently, your plugin only has volume, which won't work because if ANY of the dimensions exceed the Canada Post parameters (as per the link), it changes the shipping options.

So, I need you to enable oversized letter mail or change the volume parameters to individual dimensions rather than a single number.

Your plugin is built for people who ship larger items, but many online sellers ship small items, and currently, it does not offer the functionality required for shipping those small items cost-effectively.

I don't know how this helps, but this is how the WooCommerce platform integrates the oversized letter mail option in their CanadaPost plugin. www.pluginhive.com/canada-post-letter-ma...r-woocommerce-users/

Last edit: 1 week 5 days ago by DogPeople.

1 week 4 days ago #360754

Hello,

Regarding the documentation, the "letter mail" is not part of the Canada Post rate API ; which means it requires some specific development in order to pack the products into specific packages and get the rate like the "weights" plugin is doing.
Because every shipping plugins are based on the HikaShop packaging function ; it will be difficult for me to add that specific feature into the Canada Post plugin.since it won't be base on the HikaShop core.
I do think such kind of packaging configuration should be handle by the core so every shipping plugins could benefits.

If you know which products can be send by "letter mail" or not ; you can use the "warehouse" system and affect manual shipping configuration to set the specific canada post letter mail rates ; it's also possible to use the "weights" shipping plugin if you want to configure all rates by weight in a single configuration.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

1 week 4 days ago #360761

Hi,

I actually already did that exact thing.

I have to manually assign the warehouse to the products that meet all the parameters, but it does work for now.

I'll contact CanadaPost and find out if they can add letter mail to their API. It's silly that it's not there already.

It would be really good if the shipping configuration included length, breadth and width rather than just volume. A lot of shippers have specific criteria for that. Even if you want to use flat rate options from them, you need to be able to fit them into a specific box, so you need to be able to configure that.

1 week 3 days ago #360771

Hello,

It would be really good if the shipping configuration included length, breadth and width rather than just volume.

These settings are part of the HikaShop core ; it's not part of Canada Post plugin.
You can create a new thread for your feature request or I can assign the thread to someone from the HikaShop support team (since it was talking about the Canda Post plugin, the thread has been assigned to me).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 1
11 hours 8 minutes ago #361009

Bonny gays mans from your city

Fly gays mans

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds