Issues with new PayPal payment plugin

• Thank you received: 8
2 months 3 weeks ago #361547

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.4
-- Joomla version -- : 5.1.0
-- PHP version -- : 8.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All

Hi,

I was instructed to upgrade to the latest PayPal Checkout plugin.

I know have payment issues. Please see screenshots of payment process. Screens 001,002 and 003 seem ok. Screen 004 asks to select payment method, why? .... I have already selected Paypal. If I then select Paypal, I end up in a loop between screens 005 and 006.

Regards,
Colin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13257
2 months 3 weeks ago #361548

Hi,

The first payment selection on screenshot 003 is to select between the payment methods that you've configured in the System>Payment methods of HikaShop.
The second payment selection on screenshot 004 is to choose between the payment modes offered by PayPal. Here, you can choose to pay with a PayPal account balance with the first button, or with a credit card with the second button.
And you can also add other payment modes with the "funding" setting of the payment method, like iDeal, Venmo, Pay Later, etc which will appear as extra buttons based on whether the payment mode is available to the current customer or not.

The fact that you're looping between screenshot 005 and 006 is separate. The URLs I can see in your screenshots indicates that you've activated the "sandbox" setting of your PayPal Checkout payment method. In such case, you can't use live credentials to login for the payment. You need to provide the sandbox customer account credentials provided by PayPal in your sandbox account:
developer.paypal.com/tools/sandbox/accounts/
What you're describing seems to indicate that you're not using a sandbox customer account for your test.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
2 months 3 weeks ago #361551

Hi,

Thanks for your help with this.

Sandbox isn't activated?

Regards,
Colin.

Attachments:

2 months 3 weeks ago #361557

Hi,

If you turned off the sandbox setting, please make sure that you're using the client id and client secret of your live account.
Also, please fill in the merchant ID.
You can find more about them here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...alcheckout-form.html
With the live account, you need to use a real credit card or a real PayPal account for your test. Also, you can't use your merchant PayPal account. You need to use another PayPal account, otherwise PayPal will refuse the payment. Also, if your credit card is linked to your PayPal merchant account, it might not accept it.

• Hikashop Business
2 months 2 weeks ago #361577

Hi Nicolas,

Client id and client secret key are correct. They have been working fine in the past. merchant ID is correct too.

I'm not using the same PayPal account as the website.

I also notice that the Stripe payment method isn't working either.

Regards,
Colin.

Attachments:

2 months 2 weeks ago #361580

Hi,

Note that you can still use the legacy PayPal plugin while figuring out what's wrong with the new PayPal Checkout one on your website so that your users are not impacted for their payments.

I don't think that the issue is the same with both payment methods. I think these are separate problems.
Try again each one with the console log of your browser open while doing it. It should output error messages which should help us understand what's going on.

• Hikashop Business
2 months 2 weeks ago #361586

Hi Nicolas,

Here are the 2 sets of messages:
When I click PayPal:

Some cookies are misusing the recommended “SameSite“ attribute 5
Cookie “_ga_VMCXDBP9JH” has been rejected for invalid domain. js:408:271
This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”. confirm
Some cookies are misusing the recommended “SameSite“ attribute 24
Cookie “_ga” has been rejected for invalid domain. js:408:271
GET
https://www.bikergearsuperstore.co.uk/templates/r_pentas/favicon.ico
[HTTP/2 403  0ms]

Cookie “_ga” has been rejected for invalid domain. analytics.js:27:577
Content-Security-Policy: Ignoring “'unsafe-inline'” within script-src: nonce-source or hash-source specified local
Partitioned cookie or storage access was provided to “https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/credit-presentment/experiments/local?uid=uid_yksgrzkuvzoqxxqsnhbhwgyctxguxr&disableSetCookie=true&features=%5Bobject%20Object%5D%2Cnative-modal&sdkMeta=eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3d3dy5wYXlwYWwuY29tL3Nkay9qcz9jbGllbnQtaWQ9QVN6bm1laHoyVUwzM2pUVUtRM3hUclliUW15VWNMZThmQ1lGV0JGZXpGRXJfMXVwZG9UOXRrZk5sMWk2OHdBVVVKQnJmVjRzS3p5UDJpYTkmaW50ZWdyYXRpb24tZGF0ZT0yMDIyLTA3LTExJmN1cnJlbmN5PUdCUCZjb21wb25lbnRzPWJ1dHRvbnMlMkNmdW5kaW5nLWVsaWdpYmlsaXR5JTJDbWVzc2FnZXMmZW5hYmxlLWZ1bmRpbmc9Y2FyZCZpbnRlbnQ9Y2FwdHVyZSIsImF0dHJzIjp7ImRhdGEtcGFydG5lci1hdHRyaWJ1dGlvbi1pZCI6IkhJS0FSSVNPRlRXQVJFX0NhcnRfUFBDUCIsImRhdGEtdWlkIjoidWlkX3lrc2dyemt1dnpvcXh4cXNuaGJod2d5Y3R4Z3V4ciJ9fQ&env=sandbox&scriptUID=uid_yksgrzkuvzoqxxqsnhbhwgyctxguxr&version=1.64.5&integrationType=SDK” because it is loaded in the third-party context and dynamic state partitioning is enabled.

Partitioned cookie or storage access was provided to “https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/smart/buttons?style.label=paypal&style.layout=vertical&style.color=gold&style.shape=rect&style.tagline=false&style.menuPlacement=below&allowBillingPayments=true&applePaySupport=false&buttonSessionID=uid_4ae01ce603_mtm6ndk6mzq&buttonSize=small&customerId=&clientID=ASznmehz2UL33jTUKQ3xTrYbQmyUcLe8fCYFWBFezFEr_1updoT9tkfNl1i68wAUUJBrfV4sKzyP2ia9&clientMetadataID=uid_9c84b8419e_mtm6ndk6mzq&commit=true&components.0=buttons&components.1=funding-eligibility&components.2=messages&currency=GBP&debug=false&disableSetCookie=true&enableFunding.0=card&env=sandbox&experiment.enableVenmo=false&experiment.venmoVaultWithoutPurchase=false&flow=purchase&fundingEligibility=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&intent=capture&locale.country=GB&locale.lang=en&hasShippingCallback=false&platform=desktop&renderedButtons.0=paypal&renderedButtons.1=card&sessionID=uid_9c84b8419e_mtm6ndk6mzq&sdkCorrelationID=f181250cc0676&sdkMeta=eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3d3dy5wYXlwYWwuY29tL3Nkay9qcz9jbGllbnQtaWQ9QVN6bm1laHoyVUwzM2pUVUtRM3hUclliUW15VWNMZThmQ1lGV0JGZXpGRXJfMXVwZG9UOXRrZk5sMWk2OHdBVVVKQnJmVjRzS3p5UDJpYTkmaW50ZWdyYXRpb24tZGF0ZT0yMDIyLTA3LTExJmN1cnJlbmN5PUdCUCZjb21wb25lbnRzPWJ1dHRvbnMlMkNmdW5kaW5nLWVsaWdpYmlsaXR5JTJDbWVzc2FnZXMmZW5hYmxlLWZ1bmRpbmc9Y2FyZCZpbnRlbnQ9Y2FwdHVyZSIsImF0dHJzIjp7ImRhdGEtcGFydG5lci1hdHRyaWJ1dGlvbi1pZCI6IkhJS0FSSVNPRlRXQVJFX0NhcnRfUFBDUCIsImRhdGEtdWlkIjoidWlkX3lrc2dyemt1dnpvcXh4cXNuaGJod2d5Y3R4Z3V4ciJ9fQ&sdkVersion=5.0.444&storageID=uid_66344a2800_mte6mdu6mde&supportedNativeBrowser=false&supportsPopups=true&vault=false” because it is loaded in the third-party context and dynamic state partitioning is enabled.

When I click Stripe:
Some cookies are misusing the recommended “SameSite“ attribute 6
This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”. confirm
Some cookies are misusing the recommended “SameSite“ attribute 13
GET
https://www.bikergearsuperstore.co.uk/templates/r_pentas/favicon.ico
[HTTP/2 403  0ms]

Partitioned cookie or storage access was provided to “https://js.stripe.com/v3/m-outer-3437aaddcdf6922d623e172c2d6f9278.html#url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bikergearsuperstore.co.uk%2Fcheckout%2Fcheckout%2Fconfirm&title=Checkout&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bikergearsuperstore.co.uk%2Fcheckout%2Fcid-4&muid=NA&sid=NA&version=6&preview=false” because it is loaded in the third-party context and dynamic state partitioning is enabled.

Cookie “_ga” has been rejected for invalid domain. js:408:271
Partitioned cookie or storage access was provided to “https://js.stripe.com/v3/controller-with-muas-treatment-2a08cca6a25be85acb8394ace56c5fda.html#apiKey=pk_live_51M97j7IGm7QRlXrTTB9XXm1umEW7CGX92BhbFEEzKPGX9DIvmoFZIuXD2T3mYk1Inoo7nchrCws4MeuJZAwGfD8z00LnokUS5B&stripeJsId=9c535db5-77c4-4d64-8cca-6719773d2446&controllerCount=1&isCheckout=false&stripeJsLoadTime=1718718774078&manualBrowserDeprecationRollout=false&alwaysUseMuasForElementsSession=true&mids[guid]=NA&mids[muid]=NA&mids[sid]=NA&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bikergearsuperstore.co.uk%2Fcheckout%2Fcheckout%2Fconfirm&controllerId=__privateStripeController6371” because it is loaded in the third-party context and dynamic state partitioning is enabled.

Partitioned cookie or storage access was provided to “https://m.stripe.network/inner.html#url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bikergearsuperstore.co.uk%2Fcheckout%2Fcheckout%2Fconfirm&title=Checkout&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bikergearsuperstore.co.uk%2Fcheckout%2Fcid-4&muid=NA&sid=NA&version=6&preview=false” because it is loaded in the third-party context and dynamic state partitioning is enabled.

Cookie “m” will soon be rejected because it is foreign and does not have the “Partitioned“ attribute.
Regards,
Colin.

Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by nicolas.

2 months 2 weeks ago #361589

Hi,

So I don't see any errors there which could be related to PayPal or Stripe not working. Maybe you would get more information for PayPal if you activate its "debug" setting. Could you try that ?

I can see however that the PayPal checkout plugin still uses the PayPal sandbox. As you're on a live website, I find this strange.
You said that the "client id" and "client secret" are correct. Does that mean that you were already using them on your website before ?
If so, I suppose that they are for your PayPal live account. In that case, they can't work with the PayPal sandbox.
If you activate the "sandbox" setting of the plugin, then you have to use the client id and the client secret of a sandbox account.
So please check the status of the "sandbox" setting of your PayPal checkout payment method.

Regarding Stripe I'm not sure. You said that you were "instructed to upgrade to the latest PayPal Checkout plugin". However, I can see that you're using HikaShop 5.0.4, from 2 months ago. The PayPal Checkout plugin being included in HikaShop, I'm not sure what this means. Does it mean that you were using another PayPal payment plugin and you switched to PayPal Checkout ? In that case, that means that nothing changed for Stripe and thus I don't see why it suddenly wouldn't work. Or does it mean that you updated your HikaShop 2 months ago ? But then you should already have the problem with Stripe for 2 months no ? Also, if you updated HikaShop, which version did you had before ? Maybe you have an old version of the Stripe plugin and you need to update it too ?

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds