Set-up Manual Shipping

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
2 months 1 week ago #361706

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 8.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Microsoft Edge Version 126.0.2592.68 (Official build) (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error

Greetings, I have a supplier that dropships for me. They offer three options for shipping.
Economy: $3.99
Standard: $8.99
Express: $16.99
How do I set this up using the manual shipping plugin? This is only for the main Vendor. How do I restrict these shipping rates to the main vendors' products only? I am using HikaMarket and won't need these shipping options for my vendors. The vendors will be using the USPS shipping plug. Thanks

Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by ShepherdsStream. Reason: added info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13257
2 months 1 week ago #361707

Hi,

Regarding the restriction to the main vendor, you can use the "vendor" restriction setting in your shipping methods to restrict them to either a particular vendor, or to the main vendor.

So I suppose you'll want to have 3 manual shipping methods, restricted to the main vendor, one for each shipping cost, and then enter the corresponding amount either in the "price" field if the shipping cost is global to all the products shipped in the cart, or in the "shipping price per product" field if the cost is per product being shipped.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ShepherdsStream

2 months 1 week ago #361748

OK, is there a way to have vendors use my USPS shipping plugin credentials for their store? Do they need to set-up a separate account with each shipper? USPS, UPS..ETC.

2 months 1 week ago #361752

Hi,

Both are possible. If you don't restrict the USPS shipping method to any particular vendor, it will be available for all the products on your website, including for the products of your vendors.
But you can also configure HikaMarket to allow vendors to setup their own shipping methods with their own credentials with the access level settings.

2 months 6 days ago #361812

Hello, thanks. I researched here in the forum past posts about changing the shipping plugin names for vendors. To remove "Hikashop" from the plugin name. The posts mentioned that the change could be made via the language strings. After some effort I referred it to my dev and he said; Shipping plugin name: I see that Hikashop use the static text for plugin name, not language key. So, I think that it’s not translatable.
I tried created language overrides in backend, but it did not work. So I had to renamed plugin name directly in database to remove the prefix “Hikashop”. The shipping method displayed without Hikashop in name now. Is this the only way to make this change? thanks

2 months 6 days ago #361813

Hi,

Indeed that's the only way at the moment. We didn't thought it would be much needed in the past. But it's indeed a good idea to change the plugins names to use translation keys for cases like yours. We'll look at improving this in the future.
Thanks for your feedback on this.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds