- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 2
Vote System Updates Stars But Not Comments
- jberry210490
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 1 month ago #119186
by jberry210490
Vote System Updates Stars But Not Comments was created by jberry210490
Hi there,
Since updating Hikashop my vote system seems to have crashed:
- The system is set up with connected stars and comments.
- When a review is left, the stars update, but the comment is lost.
- In the back end under customers->vote I see an empty screen and pressing the "new" button does nothing.
- I did have some view overrides for vote, but have got rid of them and the problem still persists for all my site's products.
Here are some details:
-- Site: www.claycellar.org
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 21.0 on Ubuntu Canonical
If you require login access/ftp access I can message these to you privately.
Any advice would be much appriciated! Many thanks,
Jonathan
Since updating Hikashop my vote system seems to have crashed:
- The system is set up with connected stars and comments.
- When a review is left, the stars update, but the comment is lost.
- In the back end under customers->vote I see an empty screen and pressing the "new" button does nothing.
- I did have some view overrides for vote, but have got rid of them and the problem still persists for all my site's products.
Here are some details:
-- Site: www.claycellar.org
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 21.0 on Ubuntu Canonical
If you require login access/ftp access I can message these to you privately.
Any advice would be much appriciated! Many thanks,
Jonathan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #119483
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Vote System Updates Stars But Not Comments
Hi,
I am not able to reproduce that bug in backend, and I don't see any error on the browser console when sending a vote on your website.
Thanks to give us a backend access, and a ftp one in order to see from where can the problem come.
I am not able to reproduce that bug in backend, and I don't see any error on the browser console when sending a vote on your website.
Thanks to give us a backend access, and a ftp one in order to see from where can the problem come.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #119492
by zlenko
my project ibaby.com.ua
Replied by zlenko on topic Vote System Updates Stars But Not Comments
When you click on the star - page updated and printed text commentary cleared 
ibaby.com.ua/buy/price/3566-японские-подгузники-merries-nb
1) Write the text of your comment
2) Сlick on the star rating
It can be either text comment or rating...
ibaby.com.ua/buy/price/3566-японские-подгузники-merries-nb
1) Write the text of your comment
2) Сlick on the star rating
It can be either text comment or rating...
my project ibaby.com.ua
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by zlenko.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #119495
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Vote System Updates Stars But Not Comments
Hi,
Actually when a vote is submitted the page is reloaded, so it's normal that the forms are cleared.
You don't set the configuration to "vote and comment connected" that's why you can send a vote OR a comment.
We have in the todo list to improve the vote and comment system.
Actually when a vote is submitted the page is reloaded, so it's normal that the forms are cleared.
You don't set the configuration to "vote and comment connected" that's why you can send a vote OR a comment.
We have in the todo list to improve the vote and comment system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zlenko
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #119496
by zlenko
my project ibaby.com.ua
Replied by zlenko on topic Vote System Updates Stars But Not Comments
Thank you. I'll try to set the "vote and comment connected".
my project ibaby.com.ua
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jberry210490
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 2
13 years 1 month ago #119531
by jberry210490
Replied by jberry210490 on topic Vote System Updates Stars But Not Comments
Hi Xavier,
I've sent you a private message with backend and ftp access. Can you confirm receipt please?
The problem itself can be experienced by going to: www.claycellar.org/index.php/clay/earthe...r-setting-clay-white
Leaving a vote and comment, clicking submit, waiting for the page to reload, then noting that the comment isn't added to the page whilst the vote is.
Many thanks,
Jonathan
I've sent you a private message with backend and ftp access. Can you confirm receipt please?
The problem itself can be experienced by going to: www.claycellar.org/index.php/clay/earthe...r-setting-clay-white
Leaving a vote and comment, clicking submit, waiting for the page to reload, then noting that the comment isn't added to the page whilst the vote is.
Many thanks,
Jonathan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #119537
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Vote System Updates Stars But Not Comments
I received the access.
Can you specify which files you had edited ?
And can you try to install again the latest version of HikaShop (download from our website) ?
Can you specify which files you had edited ?
And can you try to install again the latest version of HikaShop (download from our website) ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jberry210490
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 2
13 years 1 month ago #119555
by jberry210490
Replied by jberry210490 on topic Vote System Updates Stars But Not Comments
I had edited all three of the vote views, but I have got rid of the edits in the back end and the system still doesn't work.
I can do that, but I've not anything that would affect the vote system to my knowledge since last updating hikashop. I will give it a go all the same...
Jonathan
I can do that, but I've not anything that would affect the vote system to my knowledge since last updating hikashop. I will give it a go all the same...
Jonathan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jberry210490
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 76
- Thank you received: 2
13 years 1 month ago #119571
by jberry210490
Replied by jberry210490 on topic Vote System Updates Stars But Not Comments
Ok,
So somehow I had edits to some of the backend bluestork view files for vote. I never thought to look at this because I never touch backend views out of policy. I'm not so sure how they got there, but presumably I must have caused it at some point.
Anyway getting rid of the backend view changes, and going through the MYSQL tables eradicating all trace of votes all ready made, fixed the system. It's working fine now.
Thanks for your help.
Jonathan
So somehow I had edits to some of the backend bluestork view files for vote. I never thought to look at this because I never touch backend views out of policy. I'm not so sure how they got there, but presumably I must have caused it at some point.
Anyway getting rid of the backend view changes, and going through the MYSQL tables eradicating all trace of votes all ready made, fixed the system. It's working fine now.
Thanks for your help.
Jonathan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds