- Posts: 261
- Thank you received: 5
URGENT CSVimport reveals productdownloadpaths
13 years 4 months ago #103838
by Sjaak
URGENT CSVimport reveals productdownloadpaths was created by Sjaak
I discovered CSVimport and it is a great feature. It gives me a fast method of importing large quantities of products at once im my shop.
I also discovered a problem.
The csv file produced at export does not contain a column to define the filename of the downloadable product.
Defining the path on my server where to retrieve the downloadable product works OK. I just need to fill it out in the 'File' column.
The strange thing is that hikashop automatically copyies the path into the filename table. As a result of that my client gets the downloadpath reveiled when they start the download. That is very wrong.
One doesn't need to be a rocketscientist to add 1 and 1 together and being able to determine where and how to download ALL products in my shop for free.
Please provide a solution ASAP.
Sjaak
I also discovered a problem.
The csv file produced at export does not contain a column to define the filename of the downloadable product.
Defining the path on my server where to retrieve the downloadable product works OK. I just need to fill it out in the 'File' column.
The strange thing is that hikashop automatically copyies the path into the filename table. As a result of that my client gets the downloadpath reveiled when they start the download. That is very wrong.
One doesn't need to be a rocketscientist to add 1 and 1 together and being able to determine where and how to download ALL products in my shop for free.
Please provide a solution ASAP.
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103854
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic URGENT CSVimport reveals productdownloadpaths
Hi,
I see several problems with what you're saying.
This leads me to believe that you're not using the CSV export/import as we recommend in our CSV import documentation which is to store the files in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload/safe and to enter only the filename of the files in the "files" column of the CSVs.
I see several problems with what you're saying.
That's wrong. The files of each product are listed in the "files" column of the CSV that you can export with the "export" button of the products listing.The csv file produced at export does not contain a column to define the filename of the downloadable product.
What is that "File" column ? There is no "File" column in HikaShop CSVs unless you added it via a custom product field. So I'm not following you.Defining the path on my server where to retrieve the downloadable product works OK. I just need to fill it out in the 'File' column.
That's only the case with the "files" column of the CSV, and only if you put the full path of the file. If you put the URL, or if you put the filename of the file in the upload folder of HikaShop you will just get the filename.The strange thing is that hikashop automatically copyies the path into the filename table.
This leads me to believe that you're not using the CSV export/import as we recommend in our CSV import documentation which is to store the files in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload/safe and to enter only the filename of the files in the "files" column of the CSVs.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #103865
by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic URGENT CSVimport reveals productdownloadpaths
Nicolas,
I send you a csv file that I used to import products via email.
Sjaak
I send you a csv file that I used to import products via email.
Sjaak
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Sjaak.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #104194
by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic URGENT CSVimport reveals productdownloadpaths
After some some e-mails with Nicolas it appeared that it could be solved by placing my downloadables in the safe upload folder.
Thanks for your time and patience Nicolas.
Topic can be closed.
Thanks for your time and patience Nicolas.
Topic can be closed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds