Can we use extra fields to collect product info
15 years 6 months ago #12219
by dhanpat
Dhanpat Saran
Joomla Developer
Can we use extra fields to collect product info was created by dhanpat
Hello Admin,
I am trying add two extra fields (Ingredients & Beauty Tips) for the admin while adding a product and after that displaying those extra field on the product page. I can see there is one option to create extra fields but those are only coming for user address on checkout page.
Is there a option to use these extra fields for products?
Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
Dhanpat
I am trying add two extra fields (Ingredients & Beauty Tips) for the admin while adding a product and after that displaying those extra field on the product page. I can see there is one option to create extra fields but those are only coming for user address on checkout page.
Is there a option to use these extra fields for products?
Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
Dhanpat
Dhanpat Saran
Joomla Developer
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12233
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Can we use extra fields to collect product info
Hi,
You can create custom fields of the table "order" and they will be displayed on the checkout.
You can also create custom fields of the table "item" and they will be displayed on the product page.
Both of these options are available in the Business edition of HikaShop.
You can create custom fields of the table "order" and they will be displayed on the checkout.
You can also create custom fields of the table "item" and they will be displayed on the product page.
Both of these options are available in the Business edition of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 8 months ago #141093
by Snap Brands
Replied by Snap Brands on topic Re: Can we use extra fields to collect product info
I thought I understood what you were saying in your reply, but it doesn't appear to be working the way I expected it to . . .
I went into Display -> Custom Fields and I added two textarea fields, "Ingredients" and "Beauty Tips" in the "item" table.
After doing so, I went to edit one of my existing products . . . I expected there to see "Ingredients" and "Beauty Tips" input boxes on the page, but no such luck . . . I have "Front-end", "Back-end Form", "Back-end Listing" all enabled . . . what am I doing wrong?
I went into Display -> Custom Fields and I added two textarea fields, "Ingredients" and "Beauty Tips" in the "item" table.
After doing so, I went to edit one of my existing products . . . I expected there to see "Ingredients" and "Beauty Tips" input boxes on the page, but no such luck . . . I have "Front-end", "Back-end Form", "Back-end Listing" all enabled . . . what am I doing wrong?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #141135
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Re: Can we use extra fields to collect product info
Hi,
"Item" custom fields are only displayed in the front-end, to the customer (and in the order details).
"product" custom fields will be display in the front-end but editable in the back-end, when editing a product.
You can't access to the "item" custom field in product edition page in the backend.
Regards,
"Item" custom fields are only displayed in the front-end, to the customer (and in the order details).
"product" custom fields will be display in the front-end but editable in the back-end, when editing a product.
You can't access to the "item" custom field in product edition page in the backend.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds