Skip to main content

empty page after registering in checkout proces

More
15 years 5 months ago #13449 by sandy
Hi,

I have a checkout workflow like this:
cart_coupon,login,address,shipping,payment,confirm_cart_coupon_status_fields,end

And I use the 1.4.8 free version.

When I put a product in my cart, and click 'next', then i come to the register page.
Now when I fill in all the fields (a user i used before, or some new values) and click next, I just get an empty page..
How can I get to the next page?

thx,
Sandy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13452 by nicolas
Hi,

The problem is that you have the user confirmation email activated in joomla and that your template does not include the tag for system messages:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...tibility-issues.html
So, after registration, hikashop sends you an email and tells you to click on the activation link to continue the order. But since you don't see the message because of your template, you get that empty page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: petru.muntiu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13456 by sandy
Thx,

And how can I deactivate the user confirmation email?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13457 by nicolas
You need to turn off the user activation option in the configuration of joomla on joomla 1.5 or in the options of the user management on 1.6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13461 by sandy
now I changed this from yes to no:

global configuration > system > user settings > new useraccount activation = 'no'



now I get a totally white page after I click 'register' ( www.inksane.be/piercing-webshop/checkout/step/step-2.html )

(And I also added the <jdoc:include type="message" /> tag to my index.php)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13468 by nicolas
Please activate the joomla debug mode and the display_errors mode of php ( www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-install.html#errors ) so that we can see the error message instead of the blank page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13532 by sandy
Hi,

Debug is enabled.

If you go to inksane.be, clik on piercing webshop, click on any object, add to cart, register --> still a totally blank page

Or do I need to look somewhere elso to see the message?


Thx,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13556 by nicolas
Please also turn on the display_errors option of php ( www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-install.html#errors ) so that the error can be displayed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13589 by sandy
I tried to follow the steps from your article to enable those messages, but i can't find a php.ini file anywhere

What does this mean? or where exactly should i be looking?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13602 by nicolas
If you don't know where the php.ini is, you should ask your hosting company how to configure it (hosting companies have different ways of enabling you to edit it). Often, you need to create a new file php.ini at the root of your website with the line below in it:
display_errors=On

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13654 by sandy
messages enabled!

this is what i'm receiving:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/currency.php on line 1497

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 58368 bytes) in /var/www/html/components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/cart.php on line 108


do you know what it means?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #13660 by nicolas
Yes, it means that you need to increase the memory_limit option from 8M to 16M in your php.ini by adding the line memory_limit=16M
like you did for the display_errors option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #233652 by petru.muntiu
it was a great hint for me. It worked perfect. I just deactivated the 'New User Activation' by setting to NO. I also changed the 'Send Password' to NO.
Now it works perfectly. :)

Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum