- Posts: 135
- Thank you received: 0
google analytics create objective URL
i have installed google analytics and i want create a objective URL .
I have to give a target URL to google analytics track, and I wish I could give up when you finalize a purchase through hikashop I made a test purchase and this URL is what gives the browser to complete the purchase of a prodcut on my site:
/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=step&Itemid=183
I wanted to know if the correct direction to pass to google analytics to track my purchases on the site.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This url is the checkout page. Not the final URL once the order is purchase.
Each step in the checkout is separated by the next by a comma. The end step is the final step.
In the URL, the step parameter determines the step your are on with the first step being 0. So if you have two steps like the default workflow the finale URL is:
/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=step&step=1&Itemid=183
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
my checkout workflow is: login,address_shipping_payment_confirm_coupon_cart_status_fields,end
so my URL would be :
/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=step&step=2&Itemid=183 ????
but what about this : Itemid=183. 183 is a id product . and google only track this .
would do this with all products ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the URL, the product information is not known.
Could you explain what you're trying to achieve ?
On the google e-commerce tracking documentation I don't see anything related to a URL but a bunch of javascript code : code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/trac...ackingEcommerce.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I choose: URL target.
a google example of this type according google is :
" www.mysite.com/thankyou.html " after the final purchase. and google will track this link
so in joomla or hikashop is there something like that ? a url direct after the final purchase ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
any idea ?? :blink:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Now, if you want, you can go to Display->Views and edit the file end of the checkout view and add a redirection like that :
Then, you can use the URL index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=*** for the tracking.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
this is the code in view
*********************
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
?>
<?php
if(empty($this->html)){
echo JText::_('THANK_YOU_FOR_PURCHASE');
}else{
echo $this->html;
}
**************************
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That is really useful information to see where sales are coming from and the dollar amount associated with that.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry if this is a silly question, but I am a bit over my head here. I don't understand your answer to my question about tracking the $$ amounts of purchases in Google.
"You would have to add javascript code to the thank you view, as explained in the link I gave in a previous post of that thread:"
Are you referring to this thread or a different one? I assume I follow the link to the Google explanation, but where do I add the Javascript that they refer to? I just don't understand how to proceed.
Thanks for any help. I am probably the only one that doesn't get it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
However, just copy/pasting the code won't be enough... You will have to heavily modify it to give to google the information of the order so if you're not a developer that's not gonna be possible.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.