- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
[ SOLVED ] Shipping costs per category
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #42056
by Settipani
[ SOLVED ] Shipping costs per category was created by Settipani
Hi!
First many compliments for your great component, it is very fine!
I have only one problem: in my web shop I have many categories with many different product.
I have set up shipping costs by weight and volume. For example:
Category A, product A = 5 € for 1 or 2 products and 10 € for 3 or more.
Category B, product B = 10 € for 1 or 2 products and 17 € for 3 or more.
At this moment, if in my cart there are 3 product A and 1 Product B shipping costs are only 10 €, instead of:
3 X A = 10 € +
1 X B = 10 € =
20 € total shipping costs
This is a big problem because the carrier for category A is different from that of Category B.
Can I manage shipping charges by category and within each category for weight and volume as it is already possible in hikashop business?
How much does this custom plugin?
Thanks for your attention, I'm waiting for your welcome response
Best Regards
First many compliments for your great component, it is very fine!
I have only one problem: in my web shop I have many categories with many different product.
I have set up shipping costs by weight and volume. For example:
Category A, product A = 5 € for 1 or 2 products and 10 € for 3 or more.
Category B, product B = 10 € for 1 or 2 products and 17 € for 3 or more.
At this moment, if in my cart there are 3 product A and 1 Product B shipping costs are only 10 €, instead of:
3 X A = 10 € +
1 X B = 10 € =
20 € total shipping costs
This is a big problem because the carrier for category A is different from that of Category B.
Can I manage shipping charges by category and within each category for weight and volume as it is already possible in hikashop business?
How much does this custom plugin?
Thanks for your attention, I'm waiting for your welcome response
Best Regards
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Settipani.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #42233
by Settipani
Replied by Settipani on topic Re: Shipping costs per category
Hi! I need your help, how can I configure shipping cost per category of products?
Thanks, Regards
Thanks, Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #42267
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping costs per category
Hi,
There is no such possibility with the current manual shipping methods plugin. It only handle The shipping based on the total quantity/weight of the cart.
If you have only two categories, then you can do like that:
All products of category A would have a weight of 1kg and all products of category B would have a weight of 1000kg.
Then, you would create manual shipping methods with such restrictions:
from 0 to 2.5kg => 5€
from 2.5 to 999.5kg => 10€
from 999.5 to 1000.5kg => 10€
from 1000.5kg to 1002.5kg => 15€
from 1002.5kg to 1999.5kg => 20€
from 1999.5 to 2000.5kg => 10€
from 2000.5kg to 2002.5kg => 15€
from 2002.5kg to 2999.5kg => 20€
from 2999.5 to 3000.5kg => 17€
from 3000.5kg to 3002.5kg => 23€
from 3002.5kg to 99999.5kg => 27€
Then, the correct shipping method would be displayed during the checkout based on the total weight of the cart.
If you have more category pricing, then that solution is really not practical and that would require a custom shipping plugin to be made.
The development costs of such plugin depends on who does it. On our end, we would charge a few hundred euros in order to develop a neat solution.
Such plugins can also be made by 3rd party freelancers like on joomlancers.com and are usually cheaper.
There is no such possibility with the current manual shipping methods plugin. It only handle The shipping based on the total quantity/weight of the cart.
If you have only two categories, then you can do like that:
All products of category A would have a weight of 1kg and all products of category B would have a weight of 1000kg.
Then, you would create manual shipping methods with such restrictions:
from 0 to 2.5kg => 5€
from 2.5 to 999.5kg => 10€
from 999.5 to 1000.5kg => 10€
from 1000.5kg to 1002.5kg => 15€
from 1002.5kg to 1999.5kg => 20€
from 1999.5 to 2000.5kg => 10€
from 2000.5kg to 2002.5kg => 15€
from 2002.5kg to 2999.5kg => 20€
from 2999.5 to 3000.5kg => 17€
from 3000.5kg to 3002.5kg => 23€
from 3002.5kg to 99999.5kg => 27€
Then, the correct shipping method would be displayed during the checkout based on the total weight of the cart.
If you have more category pricing, then that solution is really not practical and that would require a custom shipping plugin to be made.
The development costs of such plugin depends on who does it. On our end, we would charge a few hundred euros in order to develop a neat solution.
Such plugins can also be made by 3rd party freelancers like on joomlancers.com and are usually cheaper.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #42288
by Settipani
Replied by Settipani on topic Re: Shipping costs per category [SOLVED]
Hi Nicolas... Has anyone ever said you're a genius?
THANKSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Now it works perfectly!
Very Very Very Thankssss!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
THANKSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Now it works perfectly!
Very Very Very Thankssss!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #52795
by Settipani
Replied by Settipani on topic Re: Shipping costs per category
Hi Nicolas, how are you?
I have another strange problem
My e-commerce web site worked perfectly with your advice, but recently I have added other products with the same shipping costs and I don't see shipping costs on all pages of products... :blush:
I don't know what to do ... have you any ideas?
Thank you for your attention, I'm waiting for your response,
Best Regards!!!
I have another strange problem
My e-commerce web site worked perfectly with your advice, but recently I have added other products with the same shipping costs and I don't see shipping costs on all pages of products... :blush:
I don't know what to do ... have you any ideas?
Thank you for your attention, I'm waiting for your response,
Best Regards!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #52872
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shipping costs per category
Note that since the last version of HikaShop, we added the possibility to have shipping prices per products, which would allow to to do what you want without having to create lot of shipping methods.
Shipping costs are displayed during the checkout, not on product pages, so I'm not sure on what you're talking about ? Did you set a weight in your products ? Could you give more information on the problem ?
Shipping costs are displayed during the checkout, not on product pages, so I'm not sure on what you're talking about ? Did you set a weight in your products ? Could you give more information on the problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #106488
by propellerhuvud
Replied by propellerhuvud on topic Re: Shipping costs per category
Hi Nicolas,
Is there any update planned after 2.1.3?
I'm using the Starter version and I'm having a big problem with a bug where the list with Shipping Prices, inside the settings for a product, will keep adding more entries.
I've added three different ranges form the start. When I keep working on this product, some bug will keep adding entries on its own.
I get up to seven (7) identical entries of each range I added myself.
Do you have any idea as to why this is happening, and how I can stop it from happening?
Getting this to work is a tipping point for the client, and if I can't get it to work, then I need to start looking for replacements to Hikashop
Hope you have an answer to the bug I'm experiencing
Regards
/Bjarne Dahlin
Is there any update planned after 2.1.3?
I'm using the Starter version and I'm having a big problem with a bug where the list with Shipping Prices, inside the settings for a product, will keep adding more entries.
I've added three different ranges form the start. When I keep working on this product, some bug will keep adding entries on its own.
I get up to seven (7) identical entries of each range I added myself.
Do you have any idea as to why this is happening, and how I can stop it from happening?
Getting this to work is a tipping point for the client, and if I can't get it to work, then I need to start looking for replacements to Hikashop
Hope you have an answer to the bug I'm experiencing
Regards
/Bjarne Dahlin
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #106501
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Re: Shipping costs per category
Hi Bjarne,
We haven't noticed that kind of bug so far and you are the first reporting it so do you have any idea of when and how this entries appear?
Do you click on a specific button or do something special? I may ask you a backend access to test it by myself and see where the problem is so do you mind sending me your information by PM?
We haven't noticed that kind of bug so far and you are the first reporting it so do you have any idea of when and how this entries appear?
Do you click on a specific button or do something special? I may ask you a backend access to test it by myself and see where the problem is so do you mind sending me your information by PM?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds