- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Dimensions not always showing?
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #44249
by ghiebert
Dimensions not always showing? was created by ghiebert
Hey, I am probably missing something simple. I sell photography and so far really like the layout style of Hikashop. To save creating a whackload of different product entries I am adding size characteristics (variants?) to each product, so then I can enter each product just one time. Each size has a different price, but it is critical that the dimensions show. As soon as the customer selects a variant (eg 20") the dimension display disappears on the product page and never comes back unless you refresh the whole page.
I am trying the free version.
In the future if I want to add pricing with matte or frame, will I need to use Options, which is the upgrade?
I am trying the free version.
In the future if I want to add pricing with matte or frame, will I need to use Options, which is the upgrade?
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by ghiebert.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44409
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Dimensions not always showing?
The simplest will be to edit the file "show" of the view "product" of your front end template via the menu Display->Views and remove the code:
Yes you will have to use options for that.
Code:
<div id="hikashop_product_width_<?php echo $variant_name;?>" style="display:none;">
<?php echo JText::_('PRODUCT_WIDTH').': '.rtrim(rtrim($variant->product_width,'0'),',.').' '.JText::_($variant->product_dimension_unit); ?><br />
</div>
<?php } ?>
<?php if(isset($variant->product_length) && bccomp($variant->product_length,0,3)){ ?>
<div id="hikashop_product_length_<?php echo $variant_name;?>" style="display:none;">
<?php echo JText::_('PRODUCT_LENGTH').': '.rtrim(rtrim($variant->product_length,'0'),',.').' '.JText::_($variant->product_dimension_unit); ?><br />
</div>
<?php } ?>
<?php if(isset($variant->product_height) && bccomp($variant->product_height,0,3)){ ?>
<div id="hikashop_product_height_<?php echo $variant_name;?>" style="display:none;">
<?php echo JText::_('PRODUCT_HEIGHT').': '.rtrim(rtrim($variant->product_height,'0'),',.').' '.JText::_($variant->product_dimension_unit); ?><br />
</div>
Yes you will have to use options for that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44472
by ghiebert
Replied by ghiebert on topic Re: Dimensions not always showing?
Shouldn't I just set display:inline? Otherwise there would be no dimensions display.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44617
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Dimensions not always showing?
Removing that code won't remove the dimensions display. This code is only to add the variants dimensions data to the page so that HikaShop can replace the dimensions of the main product with the dimensions of the variant when you change the characteristics.
When you remove that code, HikaShop won't update the dimensions information and your dimensions will always be displayed.
When you remove that code, HikaShop won't update the dimensions information and your dimensions will always be displayed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds