- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 2
Category Listing
- expertbeginner
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 6 months ago #45586
by expertbeginner
Category Listing was created by expertbeginner
My client is wanting to have a side bar listing manufacturers and then under each manufacturer the option to view either men's, women's or children's products from that manufacturer.
I've looked at how the 'Categories of Products' has been set up on the demo site and see, for example, that the Fashion category has two sub-categories of 'Men's' and 'Shoes'
In order to accomplish what is required am I going to have to set up a category for each supplier along with sub categories of Men's Women's and Children's on each one or is there an easier, less time consuming way?
The current categories that have been set up are:
and
Can the requirement be achieved using the categories that already exist?
Any help, assistance or guidance would be gratefully received.
Regards,
Martyn.
I've looked at how the 'Categories of Products' has been set up on the demo site and see, for example, that the Fashion category has two sub-categories of 'Men's' and 'Shoes'
In order to accomplish what is required am I going to have to set up a category for each supplier along with sub categories of Men's Women's and Children's on each one or is there an easier, less time consuming way?
The current categories that have been set up are:
and
Can the requirement be achieved using the categories that already exist?
Any help, assistance or guidance would be gratefully received.
Regards,
Martyn.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- expertbeginner
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 2
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #45654
by expertbeginner
Replied by expertbeginner on topic Re: Category Listing
Hi,
I have set up a new category 'Footwear by:' and added a child category for each manufacturer, each with sub categories for Children's, Men's and Women's. Products have been placed in the appropriate categories. The module has been set up and is displaying the correct categories and items.
There is now a new issue that has presented itself. I have replicated the shop and content (less images) on www.ecommepos.com where the issue can be seen.
Expand the Ara entry and click on women's - 2 entries for the category are displayed (correctly) the module remains open and continues to show the women's entry.
Expand the Gabor entry and click on women's - again the correct entries are displayed but this time the the Loake entry is expanded and reveals the men's option (the only one available under Loake) Click on the men's link, it then show the correct content but again the wrong module entry expands - this time Reiker.
In the module, the top entry works correctly, the next two expand the wrong entry and the last five don't expand any entry when a child link is chosen.
I get the exact same behaviour on the production website, the one on the url above, and on my test system, and I'm at a loss as to what is causing the behaviour.
Any help and or pointers would be appreciated.
Regards,
Martyn.
I have set up a new category 'Footwear by:' and added a child category for each manufacturer, each with sub categories for Children's, Men's and Women's. Products have been placed in the appropriate categories. The module has been set up and is displaying the correct categories and items.
There is now a new issue that has presented itself. I have replicated the shop and content (less images) on www.ecommepos.com where the issue can be seen.
Expand the Ara entry and click on women's - 2 entries for the category are displayed (correctly) the module remains open and continues to show the women's entry.
Expand the Gabor entry and click on women's - again the correct entries are displayed but this time the the Loake entry is expanded and reveals the men's option (the only one available under Loake) Click on the men's link, it then show the correct content but again the wrong module entry expands - this time Reiker.
In the module, the top entry works correctly, the next two expand the wrong entry and the last five don't expand any entry when a child link is chosen.
I get the exact same behaviour on the production website, the one on the url above, and on my test system, and I'm at a loss as to what is causing the behaviour.
Any help and or pointers would be appreciated.
Regards,
Martyn.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by expertbeginner.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45662
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Category Listing
Hi,
Please update HikaShop to the latest version and try again.
Please update HikaShop to the latest version and try again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- expertbeginner
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 2
14 years 5 months ago #45719
by expertbeginner
Replied by expertbeginner on topic Re: Category Listing
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for the suggestion. The version on ecommepos.com was downloaded last night, but having checked this morning there is now a later version.
I have updated to the latest release, but the issue is still there.
Regarding the original post, is the way that I have gone the best option?
Regards,
Martyn.
Thanks for the suggestion. The version on ecommepos.com was downloaded last night, but having checked this morning there is now a later version.
I have updated to the latest release, but the issue is still there.
Regarding the original post, is the way that I have gone the best option?
Regards,
Martyn.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- expertbeginner
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 2
14 years 5 months ago #45854
by expertbeginner
Replied by expertbeginner on topic Re: Category Listing
Hi,
The list of issues is quickly diminishing, but this problem still exists.
The latest version of Hikashop is installed and I'm at a loss as to why it's happening.
Has anyone else encountered the effect, was it resolved and how?
Regards,
Martyn.
The list of issues is quickly diminishing, but this problem still exists.
The latest version of Hikashop is installed and I'm at a loss as to why it's happening.
Has anyone else encountered the effect, was it resolved and how?
Regards,
Martyn.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #45884
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Category Listing
We don't have that problem on our end. Could you tell which version of PHP you have?
Also, could you try to change the line:
break 2;
by:
break;
in the file "listing_list" of the view "category" for your front end template via the menu Display>Views and then try again ?
If that still doesn't work, we'll have to look at that directly on your back end.
Also, could you try to change the line:
break 2;
by:
break;
in the file "listing_list" of the view "category" for your front end template via the menu Display>Views and then try again ?
If that still doesn't work, we'll have to look at that directly on your back end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- expertbeginner
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 2
14 years 5 months ago #45892
by expertbeginner
Replied by expertbeginner on topic Re: Category Listing
Hi Nicolas,
The server was running PHP 5.2.17. Switched to 5.3.10 but that made no difference.
Edited the line, again no difference. I've left the edit in place.
I'll pm an admin log-in.
Regards,
Martyn.
The server was running PHP 5.2.17. Switched to 5.3.10 but that made no difference.
Edited the line, again no difference. I've left the edit in place.
I'll pm an admin log-in.
Regards,
Martyn.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- expertbeginner
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 2
14 years 5 months ago #46040
by expertbeginner
Replied by expertbeginner on topic Re: Category Listing
Hi,
I have done some more testing and investigating today.
I set up a brand new install of Joomla, Hikashop and all the modules that are on the problem site, on a different server. I added a few manufacturers, categories and products then set up the module and upon testing it worked perfectly. The manufacturer opens and shows the sub category, clicking on category shows the products in that category and the relevant manufacturer category remains open in the module.
I then dropped all the Hikashop tables from the new install and replaced them with the tables from the problem site. Remade the module and (hidden) menu and tested. It's broken with the exact same behaviour as on the problem site.
Is this just co-incidence or is there something in the hikashop tables that could be causing it?
Regards,
Martyn.
I have done some more testing and investigating today.
I set up a brand new install of Joomla, Hikashop and all the modules that are on the problem site, on a different server. I added a few manufacturers, categories and products then set up the module and upon testing it worked perfectly. The manufacturer opens and shows the sub category, clicking on category shows the products in that category and the relevant manufacturer category remains open in the module.
I then dropped all the Hikashop tables from the new install and replaced them with the tables from the problem site. Remade the module and (hidden) menu and tested. It's broken with the exact same behaviour as on the problem site.
Is this just co-incidence or is there something in the hikashop tables that could be causing it?
Regards,
Martyn.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #46088
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Category Listing
I found the problem.
It's because you have a category without products and you have activated the option to not display categories without products.
So the entry number to be opened is different that what is calculated beforehand.
To fix that, you need to edit the file "listing_list" of the view "category" via the menu Display->Views and add the line:
if($only_if_products && $row->number_of_products<1) continue;
before:
if($row->category_id==$cid){
$found = $i;
break;
}
I've done it for you on your website and it's working now.
It's because you have a category without products and you have activated the option to not display categories without products.
So the entry number to be opened is different that what is calculated beforehand.
To fix that, you need to edit the file "listing_list" of the view "category" via the menu Display->Views and add the line:
if($only_if_products && $row->number_of_products<1) continue;
before:
if($row->category_id==$cid){
$found = $i;
break;
}
I've done it for you on your website and it's working now.
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: expertbeginner
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- expertbeginner
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 2
14 years 5 months ago #46098
by expertbeginner
Replied by expertbeginner on topic Re: Category Listing
Hi Nicolas,
I'd never have found that!
Thanks for the help - it is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Martyn.
I'd never have found that!
Thanks for the help - it is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Martyn.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds