Skip to main content

trouble getting to display

More
14 years 5 months ago #46917 by apropos
I am new to Joomla! (using v2.5) and newer to HikaShop. I have a simple inventory (15-20 items) that I need to display, no cc or paypal interface(yet). I built the inventory and got a menu item to display but unable to get the product list or products to display. I tried walking through the tutorial with no luck. Not even sure what info is needed to help me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #47038 by nicolas
Hi,

Could you give a link to your shop and do a screenshot of the hikashop options of your menu so that we can see what you did ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #47331 by apropos
So, my 'shop' consists of a few items that are available only to club members after login. The shop (Chandlery) does not show up on the public menu, only on the Members' menu. I ended up with a menu (I believe created by hikashop) and a menu item that I created for the Members' menu. I've attached screen prints of both.

When the member logs in, they will see Chandlery on their menu. If they click on it, the cart module displays but the products do not. I've made a screen print of that page as well. I've done so much fiddling around with this at this point that I'm no longer sure what I did!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #47633 by nicolas
You created a products listing with the category "product category" as "associated category" with the "sub element filter" option set to "direct sub elements". That means that the menu is displaying a listing of all the products directly linked to the category "product category".
I suppose that you don't have any products directly linked to that category...
Just change the "sub element filter" option to "all sub elements" in your menu and it will display all your products.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #47641 by apropos
DOH! I was so close! Thanks...I am seeing products now. It isn't pretty, but I'll go back to documentation to try to get it straightened out. Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum