- Posts: 151
- Thank you received: 9
Add extra custom field to backend order page?
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #61962
by Maurice
Add extra custom field to backend order page? was created by Maurice
Hi,
This may be a strange question but I still want to ask it.
I have added a custom field that users need to fill out when they register themselves to order a product. (in fact it's a dropdown with 20 options to choose from). This custom field is asked only once while registering.
How can I show this extra custom field as a column on the orders overview page?
And secondly, how do I add a filter dropdown on that page that contains all the custom field items to select from?
Thank you,
Maurice
This may be a strange question but I still want to ask it.
I have added a custom field that users need to fill out when they register themselves to order a product. (in fact it's a dropdown with 20 options to choose from). This custom field is asked only once while registering.
How can I show this extra custom field as a column on the orders overview page?
And secondly, how do I add a filter dropdown on that page that contains all the custom field items to select from?
Thank you,
Maurice
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Maurice.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #62050
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Add extra custom field to backend order page?
Hi,
If you want to show a custom field value of a user (user table) on the orders details page of the backend, you can edit the file "form" of the view "order" for your back end template and add such code:
<?php $echo $this->order->customer->CUSTOM_FIELD; ?>
where CUSTOM_FIELD should be replaced by the custom field column name.
You can't add a filter like that. The filters on products listings of the front end are really complex. You can't plug them with one or two lines of code to a listing which is not meant for that.
If you want to show a custom field value of a user (user table) on the orders details page of the backend, you can edit the file "form" of the view "order" for your back end template and add such code:
<?php $echo $this->order->customer->CUSTOM_FIELD; ?>
where CUSTOM_FIELD should be replaced by the custom field column name.
You can't add a filter like that. The filters on products listings of the front end are really complex. You can't plug them with one or two lines of code to a listing which is not meant for that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds