- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
"Continue Shopping" button?
15 years 11 months ago #632
by Kaisa
"Continue Shopping" button? was created by Kaisa
Hello there,
Just getting to know Hikashop. Is there anywhere to specify a "Continue Shopping" button to show after an item is added to the cart?
regards,
Kaisa
Just getting to know Hikashop. Is there anywhere to specify a "Continue Shopping" button to show after an item is added to the cart?
regards,
Kaisa
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 11 months ago #635
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: "Continue Shopping" button?
Hi,
Not yet. That's something someone asked already last week. We'll add that to the next release.
Not yet. That's something someone asked already last week. We'll add that to the next release.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #15064
by darkeyes
Replied by darkeyes on topic Re: "Continue Shopping" button?
Has this been added yet? I saw on the VJ Template (
hikashop.vjtemplates.com/
). It asks if you would like to continue shopping when you add an item to your cart. Is that just their template, or is it something I can add to my version?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #15077
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: "Continue Shopping" button?
Yes it has been added. You can go in the config under the tab checkout and change the option "After a product is added to the cart" for that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #36113
by bubiny
Replied by bubiny on topic Re: "Continue Shopping" button?
I would like to add a question to this topic and that is how to have the continue shopping button only on the first step of the checkout process since I have already a Back button in the second step and is not necessary to have both buttons - Back button and Continue Shopping button in the next steps of the checkout process.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #36156
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: "Continue Shopping" button?
Here is a thread which explains how to display or not buttons based on the current step of the checkout:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/4-how-to/...bel-next-button.html
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/4-how-to/...bel-next-button.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #36167
by bubiny
Replied by bubiny on topic Re: "Continue Shopping" button?
I read that thread before I posted. I am using this code below in the step.php to have Submit order instead of Next in the last step of the checkout button and I am using the Back button. I thought that the URL continue shopping which is showing in all steps needs to be changed somewhere else. I would like to have it only in the first step where I then would have the Next button and the Continue shopping URL button and from the second step of checkout only Next and Back button. Besides thumbs up for the HikaShop component and its great support.
<?php
if($this->step==2){
echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('SUBMIT_ORDER'),'next',$this->params,hikashop::completeLink('checkout&task=step&step='.$this->step+1),'document.forms[\'hikashop_checkout_form\'].submit(); return false; ','id="hikashop_checkout_next_button"');
}else{
echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('NEXT'),'next',$this->params,hikashop::completeLink('checkout&task=step&step='.$this->step+1),'document.forms[\'hikashop_checkout_form\'].submit(); return false;','id="hikashop_checkout_next_button"');
}
if($this->step!=0){
echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('BACK'),'back',$this->params,hikashop::currentUrl(),'history.back();return false;','id="hikashop_checkout_back_button"');
}
?>
<?php
if($this->step==2){
echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('SUBMIT_ORDER'),'next',$this->params,hikashop::completeLink('checkout&task=step&step='.$this->step+1),'document.forms[\'hikashop_checkout_form\'].submit(); return false; ','id="hikashop_checkout_next_button"');
}else{
echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('NEXT'),'next',$this->params,hikashop::completeLink('checkout&task=step&step='.$this->step+1),'document.forms[\'hikashop_checkout_form\'].submit(); return false;','id="hikashop_checkout_next_button"');
}
if($this->step!=0){
echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('BACK'),'back',$this->params,hikashop::currentUrl(),'history.back();return false;','id="hikashop_checkout_back_button"');
}
?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #36205
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: "Continue Shopping" button?
Hi,
I don't see any continue shopping button in your code. Did you paste all the code of the buttons ?
Your code will display always two buttons:
1 back button
1 next or submit order button
There is no continue shopping button in that code.
I don't see any continue shopping button in your code. Did you paste all the code of the buttons ?
Your code will display always two buttons:
1 back button
1 next or submit order button
There is no continue shopping button in that code.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #36294
by bubiny
Replied by bubiny on topic Re: "Continue Shopping" button?
Hikashop is offering under system -> configuration -> checkout tab the option to put url and with that enabling the continue shopping button. This button is showing on every step of the ckeckout which I do not want. I would like to have the continue button only in the first step, because I have the buttons as above for the next steps.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #36329
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: "Continue Shopping" button?
Here is a thread which explains how to display or not buttons based on the current step of the checkout:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/9242-...ext-button.html#9242
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/9242-...ext-button.html#9242
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38171
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: "Continue Shopping" button?
The links changed following an update of our forum.
Here is the new link :
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/9242-...ext-button.html#9242
Here is the new link :
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/9242-...ext-button.html#9242
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38272
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: "Continue Shopping" button?
If you know a bit of PHP and follow the directions of the other thread it's not complicated.
Otherwise, it is.
Otherwise, it is.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds