- Posts: 36
- Thank you received: 0
Email Variable Values
- arashsayadi
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 5 days ago #67061
by arashsayadi
Email Variable Values was created by arashsayadi
Hi there,
I'm trying to update the values of the email variables, such as what appears in the subject line in what order, or the signature used in the email body.
Where can I find these variables and how can I edit their values?
Thanks,
Arash
I'm trying to update the values of the email variables, such as what appears in the subject line in what order, or the signature used in the email body.
Where can I find these variables and how can I edit their values?
Thanks,
Arash
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 5 days ago #67069
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Email Variable Values
Hi Arash,
You can customize the emails of HikaShop via the menu "Hikashop->System->Emails". That functionality is only available in the Business edition.
Hope this will help you.
You can customize the emails of HikaShop via the menu "Hikashop->System->Emails". That functionality is only available in the Business edition.
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- arashsayadi
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 36
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 5 days ago #67207
by arashsayadi
Replied by arashsayadi on topic Re: Email Variable Values
Thank you for that. I've seen the email customization in our Business Edition.
I'm actually curious how I can modify what's included and in what order in variables such as ORDER_STATUS_NOTIFICATION_SUBJECT or the THANK_YOU_FOR_YOUR_ORDER, and BEST_REGARDS_CUSTOMER that appear in the email PHP code.
I'm actually curious how I can modify what's included and in what order in variables such as ORDER_STATUS_NOTIFICATION_SUBJECT or the THANK_YOU_FOR_YOUR_ORDER, and BEST_REGARDS_CUSTOMER that appear in the email PHP code.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 4 days ago - 14 years 4 days ago #67241
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Email Variable Values
Hi,
You'll just have to edit your translation file for this through "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Languages" and change/override these variables's values.
Hope this will help you.
You'll just have to edit your translation file for this through "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Languages" and change/override these variables's values.
Hope this will help you.
Last edit: 14 years 4 days ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- arashsayadi
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 36
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 10 months ago #77241
by arashsayadi
Replied by arashsayadi on topic Email Variable Values
I've tried this with no luck. Specifically, I changed my translation so that the Override section now contains the following:
TOTAL_WITHOUT_VAT="TOTAL without TAX : %s"
TOTAL_WITH_VAT="Total with TAX : %s"
PRICE_AFTER_TAX=" excl Tax) "
PLUS_X_OF_VAT="+%s of Tax"
VAT="Tax"
However, all the emails I try to generate from an Order, such as to confirm shipping, that contain the wording "Total with VAT" are NOT replaced with my text of "Total with TAX". What am I missing here?
TOTAL_WITHOUT_VAT="TOTAL without TAX : %s"
TOTAL_WITH_VAT="Total with TAX : %s"
PRICE_AFTER_TAX=" excl Tax) "
PLUS_X_OF_VAT="+%s of Tax"
VAT="Tax"
However, all the emails I try to generate from an Order, such as to confirm shipping, that contain the wording "Total with VAT" are NOT replaced with my text of "Total with TAX". What am I missing here?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #77270
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Email Variable Values
Hi,
Which version of HikaShop are you using ? (and with which Joomla version ?)
In HikaShop 2.0 we made some modifications in order to load the override language file even if we are in the backend. So it should fix the problem.
Otherwise, you could have trouble to load the override file in the backend, so, some email could be not translated correctly if they are generated from the backend.
If the problem is not solved, the best way would be to not use the override for theses translations but to edit directly your language file.
I know that's not a perfect solution because if you update your language file you would loose your modifications but, it could fix your problem if HikaShop 2.0 does not.
Regards,
Which version of HikaShop are you using ? (and with which Joomla version ?)
In HikaShop 2.0 we made some modifications in order to load the override language file even if we are in the backend. So it should fix the problem.
Otherwise, you could have trouble to load the override file in the backend, so, some email could be not translated correctly if they are generated from the backend.
If the problem is not solved, the best way would be to not use the override for theses translations but to edit directly your language file.
I know that's not a perfect solution because if you update your language file you would loose your modifications but, it could fix your problem if HikaShop 2.0 does not.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- arashsayadi
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 36
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 10 months ago #77380
by arashsayadi
Replied by arashsayadi on topic Email Variable Values
I have version 2.0.0 with Joomla 1.5.26
However, the problem persisted. It so happened that I tried editing the language file directly and everything worked like a charm.
I'm curious what you're referring to by "loose your modifications." Which modifications would I lose?
However, the problem persisted. It so happened that I tried editing the language file directly and everything worked like a charm.
I'm curious what you're referring to by "loose your modifications." Which modifications would I lose?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #77442
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Email Variable Values
Hi,
When a new version of HikaShop would be published, if you update it, your english language file should be overwrite.
This language file is included in the hikashop package, so it could be overwrite.
That's the unique thing you may "loose".
Regards,
When a new version of HikaShop would be published, if you update it, your english language file should be overwrite.
This language file is included in the hikashop package, so it could be overwrite.
That's the unique thing you may "loose".
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds