- Posts: 272
- Thank you received: 7
Product thumbnail missing from final checkout page
For some reason the thumbnail image is not displaying in the final cart. It only shows a link to the product (please see attachment).
Is there any way I can get the product thumbnail image to display in this final cart? For legal reasons I need to show the client what they are buying or have a product description.
Thank you in advance for your time
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In your case the image is not found, the image thumbnail is maybe not generated in the cart dimensions wanted.
Can you do a right click on the image text, and inspect the element, you will see the folder from where the image is loaded, and then you can search in this folder if the image exist.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It gives me /media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnail_130x150/extra-pee-pee-mat-lg.png as its location.
However I do not have a folder 'thumbnail_130x150'
What should I do? Should I create a thumbnail with the same dimensions as one of the folders eg /thumbnail_150x150 ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php Line: 258-260:
I replaced the line: ( commented it just in case )
$ok = $this->_resizeImage($file_path, $new[0], $new[1], $this->uploadFolder.'thumbnail_'.$thumbnail_y.'x'.$thumbnail_x.DS);
With:
$ok = $this->_resizeImage($file_path, $new[0], $new[1], $this->uploadFolder.'thumbnail_'.$new[1].'x'.$new[0].DS);
I know I shouldn't be touching the core files but this looked like a bug to me and I needed it resolved. Hopefully when I update the extension it will be corrected..
Eduardo Chongkan - Likan Development
likandevelopment.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The correction you made might work for you but it won't work in all cases.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I will download it and see how it goes.
Eduardo Chongkan - Likan Development
likandevelopment.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There is still a bug in how thumbnail folders are created. My thumbnail images are not displaying in the cart on the final checkout page (it just shows a link). The problem seems to be your sizing calculation when creating thumbnail folders.
For example, I set the thumbnail width and height to 200 x 133 (in the hikashop image settings). HikaShop then creates a folder 200x133 and places the thumbnail in this folder. However, the actual thumbnail is resized to 199 x 133 (FireBug shows the size of the missing thumbnail on final checkout page). The thumbnail is then not displayed as the system is looking for an image in a folder with a file name 199x133 (but this does not exist). As I said, this seems to be where the conflict is.
I am not sure what I can do to get the thumbnail to show. Do you have a solution or a fix for this issue?
Kind regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As I said in my previous post, in the first builds of 1.6.0 there was such problem. But we fixed that already so if you redownload the package on our website and reinstall it, that should solve the problem.
If that's not the case, then it means that you modified the file "cart" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views so you would have to remove your customization in order to get the correction.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes I have downloaded a later version but I guess this is because somewhere previously I must have edited one of the files.
Does that mean that any files which I have edited will not be updated with future releases of hikashop?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Just to clarify, if I edit a core file, the changes WON'T be overwritten by an update ???
Regards,
Eduardo Ch.
Eduardo Chongkan - Likan Development
likandevelopment.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you edit a view file via the Display>Views menu, an override file is created in the template so that you don't loose your changes when you update. And because of that, you don't get the changes in those files when you update, unless you remove yourself the customization.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Is there a solution to this yet? I've tried downloading the latest version - but I still have a problem not being able to see the thumbnails. > Please see here if you add an item to the cart and then go to checkout its just image placeholders >>
te-kompagniet.dk/index.php/black-tea/product/1-alfonso.html
Believe in Better
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As I said in a previous post, in the first builds of 1.6.0 there was such problem. But we fixed that already so if you redownload the package on our website and reinstall it, that should solve the problem.
If that's not the case, then it means that you modified the file "cart" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views so you would have to remove your customization in order to get the correction.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Believe in Better
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.