- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
Problem when the customer cancels out of PayPal...
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 11 months ago #71662
by Southcoaster
Problem when the customer cancels out of PayPal... was created by Southcoaster
During testing of my Hikashop site, I have created an order and elected to pay by PayPal.
When I am directed to the live PayPal site, I simulate a customer changing his mind by immediately clicking on the 'cancel & return' link, and I am directed back to my site's 'submit order' page.
However an email is sent to the customer (and one to the administrator) as though an order has been completed/placed.
(In the detail, the status of the order is 'cancelled', but this is not present in the emails).
However I don't believe these emails should be sent anyway, as the customer has not completed/placed an order, and will be confused/panicked that they then receive an email thanking them for their order.
Many thanks.
When I am directed to the live PayPal site, I simulate a customer changing his mind by immediately clicking on the 'cancel & return' link, and I am directed back to my site's 'submit order' page.
However an email is sent to the customer (and one to the administrator) as though an order has been completed/placed.
(In the detail, the status of the order is 'cancelled', but this is not present in the emails).
However I don't believe these emails should be sent anyway, as the customer has not completed/placed an order, and will be confused/panicked that they then receive an email thanking them for their order.
Many thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #71812
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Problem when the customer cancels out of PayPal...
Hi,
The order created email is sent when the customer go to the payment method.
You can disable this email in HikaShop > System > Emails, by this way the order created email will no more be sent.
To disable the email you must have a commercial version of Hikashop.
The order created email is sent when the customer go to the payment method.
You can disable this email in HikaShop > System > Emails, by this way the order created email will no more be sent.
To disable the email you must have a commercial version of Hikashop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #71829
by Southcoaster
Replied by Southcoaster on topic Re: Problem when the customer cancels out of PayPal...
Hi Xavier,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes I do have the Essential commercial version.
However if I delete the email address from 'Order creation notifications email address' the customer still gets an email, but as administrator I don't anymore. This is the wrong way around.
I want to stop all automatic emails going to the customer, but I still need all automatic emails sent to me so that I know an order has been placed or was attempted to be placed.
Many thanks.
Addition:
Doing some more research I noticed that Nicolas answered this over a year ago, by suggesting adding
$data->customer->user_email = '';
to the top of the order creation email, and this seems to work for me.
However is the order status available? As what I would like to perform:
if order status = cancelled then $data->customer->user_email = '';
Perhaps you could give me the correct php please, as I am a not totally sure.
Many thanks.
Thanks for your reply.
Yes I do have the Essential commercial version.
However if I delete the email address from 'Order creation notifications email address' the customer still gets an email, but as administrator I don't anymore. This is the wrong way around.
I want to stop all automatic emails going to the customer, but I still need all automatic emails sent to me so that I know an order has been placed or was attempted to be placed.
Many thanks.
Addition:
Doing some more research I noticed that Nicolas answered this over a year ago, by suggesting adding
$data->customer->user_email = '';
to the top of the order creation email, and this seems to work for me.
However is the order status available? As what I would like to perform:
if order status = cancelled then $data->customer->user_email = '';
Perhaps you could give me the correct php please, as I am a not totally sure.
Many thanks.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Southcoaster. Reason: More information.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #71896
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Problem when the customer cancels out of PayPal...
Can you try that:
Code:
if($data->order_status == 'cancelled'){
$data->customer->user_email = '';
}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
13 years 11 months ago #71901
by Southcoaster
Replied by Southcoaster on topic Re: Problem when the customer cancels out of PayPal...
Many thanks. I will give that a try.
Kind regards.
Kind regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Southcoaster
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
13 years 11 months ago #72265
by Southcoaster
Replied by Southcoaster on topic Re: Problem when the customer cancels out of PayPal...
Hi Xavier,
No that didn't work, perhaps order_status is not available.
However on reflection I think the single line of $data->customer->user_email = ''; is sufficient.
Many thanks.
No that didn't work, perhaps order_status is not available.
However on reflection I think the single line of $data->customer->user_email = ''; is sufficient.
Many thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds