- Posts: 966
- Thank you received: 11
Email Notifications
13 years 10 months ago #79080
by MyWorld
Email Notifications was created by MyWorld
The client wants to received an email ONLY when an order is made and paid for not if someone adds an item to the cart or cancels their order, etc....
So I went to System > Main and changed "Default Order Status" to Confirmed and "Payment confirmed order status" to Confirmed.
I also made sure that under System > Emails the "Order creation notification" and the "Order administrator notification" email is NOT published.
Is that all I need to change or am I missing anything.
Thanks!!
So I went to System > Main and changed "Default Order Status" to Confirmed and "Payment confirmed order status" to Confirmed.
I also made sure that under System > Emails the "Order creation notification" and the "Order administrator notification" email is NOT published.
Is that all I need to change or am I missing anything.
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #79091
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Email Notifications
Hi,
I don't think this configurable would work good.
The default order status is the status for an order when HikaShop would create one.
His value is "created" and you can change it only if you want to change the order status workflow.
With your configuration, a customer does not require to pay an order because, when he would create the order (validate the checkout), the order would be directly in "confirmed".
Regards,
I don't think this configurable would work good.
The default order status is the status for an order when HikaShop would create one.
His value is "created" and you can change it only if you want to change the order status workflow.
With your configuration, a customer does not require to pay an order because, when he would create the order (validate the checkout), the order would be directly in "confirmed".
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #79134
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Email Notifications
I don't understand what you mean when you say "I don't think this configurable would work good".
The client does not want to receive an email every time someone adds a product to the cart and abandoned the purchase. I'm not sure what in the configuration changes that I made that won't work and what issues it may cause.
Please elaborate...
Thank you!!
The client does not want to receive an email every time someone adds a product to the cart and abandoned the purchase. I'm not sure what in the configuration changes that I made that won't work and what issues it may cause.
Please elaborate...
Thank you!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #79145
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Email Notifications
Hi,
I have already explain that, having "confirmed" as "default order status" would completely break your HikaShop store.
It would not work correctly. That's why you should let "created" as the default order status and unpublished unwanted emails.
Regards,
I have already explain that, having "confirmed" as "default order status" would completely break your HikaShop store.
It would not work correctly. That's why you should let "created" as the default order status and unpublished unwanted emails.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds