Skip to main content

How to hide Stock in Random Products Module

More
13 years 9 months ago #82707 by RSpreier
Actually, I'm not sure I want the stock status to show at all. I also do not want products showing that have a "0" stock status. I selected that in "display" but they still show.

Mainly, I need the stock status NOT to show in the "random products"

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #82785 by Xavier
Hi,

You can simply hide it in css, with the property: ".hikashop_product_stock_count{display: none !important;}"
Have you checked "no" for the option "Display out of stock products" in HikaShop > Configuration > Display ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #82819 by RSpreier
Yes, I have checked NO for Display out of stock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #82822 by RSpreier
This did not work. Please see here 70.40.211.160/

The "featured Deals" is the random product module.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #82825 by RSpreier
OK, I made a mistake, it did work. BUT it leaves a blank space where it should go and still pushes down the add to cart button and screws up the layout. How do I remove this extra space?

ALSO when we imported all of our items from VM to HS all products that had a quantity became a negative quantity. So all items with a - in front of the quantity displays as No Stock.

Can you tell me how to run a query to remove the "-" in front of all of the quantity items?
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by RSpreier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #82922 by Jerome
Hi,

About the quantity, HikaShop does not support negative values. The best is to update theses products in order to set "-1" which is a special "unlimited" quantity.
You can do it in the database, with a little SQL request
Code:
UPDATE #__hikashop_product SET product_quantity = -1 WHERE product_quantity < -1;
Just replace "#_" by your database prefix. If it is "jos", the table name would become: jos_hikashop_product.

For your stock display, you can use a CSS rule with "display:none;" or you can override the view which display the stock quantity.
There are a lot of thread which already talk about the stock display modification.
Like: www.hikashop.com/forum/2-general-talk-ab...k.html?lang=en#81468
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/76490...ck-levels.html#80765

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Jerome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #83009 by RSpreier
OK, but I do not want unlimted for these. As I said, when we imported the data from VM ALL the quantities changed from a positive value to a negative. So I want to simply remove the '-'

ALSO - in VM we had many products with the unlimited value and simply had the word 'unlimited' in the quantity box. I need to change the word unlimited to the <-1 so I think I can figure that part out based on what you've given me. :)

OK, I didn't make this work - how do I remove the '-' in front of the amounts?

Thanks!
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by RSpreier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #83014 by RSpreier
I simply do not want the stock to show in the RANDOM PRODUCTS MODULE where can I find an over ride for this? The CSS doesn't work. I have this in the CSS and it still shows:

.hikashop_product_stock_count {
display: none !important;
}

I may want it to show in the product listing - just not in teh Random Product Module

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #83045 by Jerome
Hi,

It's because you have a missing " } " in your CSS file.
Code:
@media only screen and (max-width: 480px) { div.modal.fade.in { width: 320px !important; height: 380px !important; margin-left: -160px !important; top : 10% !important; left: 50% !important; } table#hikashop_cart_product_listing td:nth-last-child(1), table#hikashop_cart_product_listing th:nth-last-child(1), table#hikashop_clicks_listing td:nth-child(1), table#hikashop_clicks_listing th:nth-child(1), table#hikashop_clicks_listing td:nth-last-child(1), table#hikashop_clicks_listing th:nth-last-child(1), table#hikashop_sales_listing td:nth-child(1), table#hikashop_sales_listing th:nth-child(1), table#hikashop_sales_listing td:nth-last-child(1), table#hikashop_sales_listing th:nth-last-child(1), table#hikashop_leads_listing td:nth-child(1), table#hikashop_leads_listing th:nth-child(1), table#hikashop_leads_listing td:nth-last-child(1), table#hikashop_leads_listing th:nth-last-child(1) { display: none; } /* Add here your missing } */ /* @media only screen and (max-height: 420px)*/ div.modal.fade.in { height: 320px !important; top:0% !important; } .row-fluid .hikashop_product_column_1, .row-fluid .hikashop_category_column_1 { margin-left: 0 !important; }

And for the quantities
Code:
UPDATE #__hikashop_product SET product_quantity = -product_quantity WHERE product_quantity < -1;

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #83060 by RSpreier
Awesome! Thank you Jerome! Both worked.

Is there ANY way I can set it to not show the quantity ONLY in the Random Product Module?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #83061 by RSpreier
Well, it worked, but not the way I want. There is still too large a space where the product count would be - at least I think that's what it is. So it's screwing up the layout on the random products module. Can you please look at the site here: 70.40.211.160 You may have to refresh a few times to see what I'm talking about.

Is there a way to fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #83118 by Jerome
Hi,

You have two "<br>" after the "<span class="hikashop_product_stock_count">38 items in stock</span>".
You can edit the with and move the "<br>" in the span. At this moment, when the span would be visible, "<br>" would be too and otherwise, you wouldn't have this empty spaces.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum