Skip to main content

How to troubleshoot UPS Shipping?

More
13 years 8 months ago #86205 by cpaschen
I've got manual shipping plugin working fine.

I can't get UPS shipping to work.

I've reviewed all the fields on the UPS plugin page and all look appropriate. I've also tried multiple different configurations (i.e. zones, no-zones - on both the plugin and the warehouse). [see attached image for latest configs]
Still using the default checkout workflow.

Is there any 'log file' that will show exactly what is being triggered (to know if there is some 'rule' that is causing this or if it's attempting to connect with UPS)?
[Authorize.net payment plugin is working in AIM mode, so it is connecting with the 'outside world']

Any possible ideas where to look for the problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #86394 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

I think that you should check if :
- Your products have weights and dimensions
- They have the same units as your warhouse
- it's working with all the shipping services enabled

Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cpaschen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #86407 by cpaschen
- Your products have weights and dimensions
Yes they do.

- They have the same units as your warehouse
I THOUGHT that they did.

They got imported from VirtueMart and the units on the products were listed as "inches".

UPS (warehouse) was listed as "IN".

I thought that those were the same. I just noticed that the products had an option for both "inches" and "IN".
As soon as I changed those to "IN" (instead of "inches")IT WORKS!!

Thanks for pointing that out.

(I added the detail here just in case someone runs into the same thing with UPS or other shipping systems).

NOTE: It worked fine with the manual shipping method for some reason (not sure - probably because it wasn't based on the size, but the weight).
Hope it helps someone else that runs into this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #86448 by cpaschen
BTW ... I forgot to say THANKS.

Only been using HS for a few months and find it works well.
(gotta remember to post a JED review!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xavier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum