- Posts: 299
- Thank you received: 2
Updating products via the import from textfield
I just need to double check if I can update an existing product, or several products actually with the option Import => import from text area option
if I check the option "Update products information if the product_code already exists". I have hundreds of imported products and now i want to upgrade them all with prices and images.
The images is uploaded to the media/com_hikasop/upload folder already. The product name and category already exits.
An example of the text I want to upgrade with:
product_name;categories;price_value;price_currency_id;images
Abejote;Torrflugor;4.00;USD;
Adams;Torrflugor;4.00;USD;
Adams Trude;Torrflugor;4.00;USD;adams_trude.jpg
Black Beetle;Torrflugor;4.00;USD;black_beetle.jpg
Blue Dun;Torrflugor;4.00;USD;
Klinkhammer Purple;Torrflugor;4.00;USD;
Little Yellow Stonefly;Torrflugor;4.00;USD;little_yellow_stonefly.jpg
March Brown;Torrflugor;4.00;USD;march_brown.jpg
March Brown Flicks;Torrflugor;4.00;USD;march_brown_flicks.jpg
Mosquito;Torrflugor;4.00;USD;mosquito.jpg
Slow Water Caddis;Torrflugor;4.00;USD;slow_water_caddis.jpg
Slow Water Sally;Torrflugor;4.00;USD;slow_water_sally.jpg
Sparkle Dun;Torrflugor;4.00;USD;sparkle_dun.jpg
Sparkle Dun Gray Drake;Torrflugor;4.00;USD;sparkle_dun_gray_drake.jpg
Sparkle Dun Green Drake;Torrflugor;4.00;USD;sparkle_dun_greendrake.jpg
Spent Caddis Lawsons;Torrflugor;4.00;USD;spent_caddis_lawsons.jpg
Wickhams Fancy;Torrflugor;4.00;USD;wickhams_fancy_dry.jpg
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I close this and refer to this topic instead:
How can I get rid of extra product header?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Since you don't have it, it's using the product_name as product_code to match the products.
So it will only update the products if the products have the same code and name. Otherwise, it will create new ones.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Now I have checked only to display the price. If I choose variant I get a : (colon) in front of the variant name, in my case something like "size 10" "size 12" etc. If I want to not have any : in front like ":size 10" where do I change that? I have been looking for it in all of the files in components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/ but I don't find it anywhere.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's not in the files
Go in the configuration and change the option "Append characteristics value to product name" and that should do it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
nicolas wrote: It's not in the files
Go in the configuration and change the option "Append characteristics value to product name" and that should do it.
Hi, If I set that then I wont see any hook size at all in the cart. I only want to get rid of the colon ":" in front of the hook size value.
It looks like this after I have choosed a hook size:
Fly name
:size 12
Would have been better with:
Fly name
size 12
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
HIKA_VARIANT_SEPARATOR=" "
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.