- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 1
Different units in one shop
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #88493
by yvesvo
Different units in one shop was created by yvesvo
Hi, I would like to have some articles sold by molume (m³) and some by piece (per stuk). is this possible ?
I tried adding a custom field an making it visible in the backend only (made it a single item dropdown box with values "stuk", "m³" and "m") ... but I could not find how to change the content of this field in the backend. I found somewhere else how to change this in the frontend (the text behind the price) ( www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...ter-price.html#85659 ) but since I can't change the unit of an article in the backend (yet) I haven't even gone there yet.
I keep looking at the product-page and the category-page, but I can't seem to find it.
I tried adding a custom field an making it visible in the backend only (made it a single item dropdown box with values "stuk", "m³" and "m") ... but I could not find how to change the content of this field in the backend. I found somewhere else how to change this in the frontend (the text behind the price) ( www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...ter-price.html#85659 ) but since I can't change the unit of an article in the backend (yet) I haven't even gone there yet.
I keep looking at the product-page and the category-page, but I can't seem to find it.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by yvesvo. Reason: added screenshot
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #88613
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Different units in one shop
Hi,
I guess that you can use the volume option, no ?
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...form.html#additional
After that a product custom field could not be changed by the user in the front end. If you want a user defined value, you have to use an "item" custom field.
Regards,
I guess that you can use the volume option, no ?
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...form.html#additional
Volume : You can enter the length, width and height of your product as well as the dimension unit in which you enter them. They will be used in shipping methods calculations.
After that a product custom field could not be changed by the user in the front end. If you want a user defined value, you have to use an "item" custom field.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #88657
by yvesvo
Replied by yvesvo on topic Different units in one shop
I'm not sure if i can use the volume fields ... Can I leave some of them empty to make it a lenth article? I want the customer to be able to enter the dimensions he wants.
I'm making a proof of concept for a customer and he wants the user to enter width and length for some articles and piece for others. In the screenshot i attached i used m3 (my proof of concept sells volumes of air) but it should be more dynamic if possible. He sells parts by piece and mounted products by length x width (surface)
That is why i made a custom field and wanted to change it in the backend for every item ... That way every item could have its own unit... I thought
I'm making a proof of concept for a customer and he wants the user to enter width and length for some articles and piece for others. In the screenshot i attached i used m3 (my proof of concept sells volumes of air) but it should be more dynamic if possible. He sells parts by piece and mounted products by length x width (surface)
That is why i made a custom field and wanted to change it in the backend for every item ... That way every item could have its own unit... I thought
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by yvesvo. Reason: added text
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #88674
by yvesvo
Replied by yvesvo on topic Different units in one shop
I think I found out more ...
I needed to create the custom field in the PRODUCT table ... not in the item-table... that way it is editable in the backend just fine ... now to replace the PER_UNIT with my own custom field ...
I needed to create the custom field in the PRODUCT table ... not in the item-table... that way it is editable in the backend just fine ... now to replace the PER_UNIT with my own custom field ...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #88675
by yvesvo
Replied by yvesvo on topic Different units in one shop
I added
if (isset($this->row->verkoopeenheid)){echo $this->row->verkoopeenheid;}else{echo JText::_('PER_UNIT');}
to the Product/listing_price.php instead of echo JText::_('PER_UNIT'); for my templates frontend and that did the trick ...
I can now choose per product what the sales-unit is and it shows up on the frontend ... nice ... thanks for the help
if (isset($this->row->verkoopeenheid)){echo $this->row->verkoopeenheid;}else{echo JText::_('PER_UNIT');}
to the Product/listing_price.php instead of echo JText::_('PER_UNIT'); for my templates frontend and that did the trick ...
I can now choose per product what the sales-unit is and it shows up on the frontend ... nice ... thanks for the help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #88681
by yvesvo
Replied by yvesvo on topic Different units in one shop
:laugh: I LOVE this kind of flexibility ... thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds