Skip to main content

change currency by GET or URL method

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #92515 by ler@singmuiheng.com
I want to set up something like fedex.com that let user chose their country then redirect them to a page, but the problem is the currency is not showing their country correctly

is it possible to set the link to some url that show the correct currency?

somehow maybe like www.hikashop.com/index.php?component=curr&id=USD ?
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Jerome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92538 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

I think that using the module "hikashop currency switcher" will do it, you'll just have to publish it through your joomla module manager.

Hope this will help you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94868 by SaptarshiC
Hi,
We have a client who wants his visitors to be able to select their region(and currency) before they move into the main site. We plan to have a separate html page for country selection which redirects to the main joomla site. Is there any way to set the visitors choice through the url?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94875 by nicolas
Hi,

You can use such URL:
Code:
http://www.hikashop.com/index.php?component=com_hikashop&ctrl=currency&task=update&hikashopcurrency=2
where 2 is the id of the currency in HikaShop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #94877 by SaptarshiC
Hi,

I tried using the url. It didn't work. I also tried it with SEF urls turned off. Same results.

I'm trying it on the localhost. Is that an issue?

I used this url:
Code:
http://localhost/fashionstore/index.php?component=com_hikashop&ctrl=currency&task=update&hikashopcurrency=2
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by SaptarshiC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94878 by SaptarshiC
I also tried it on the HikaShop Demo site. Doesn't seem to work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94895 by nicolas
It's "option" not "component" in the URL. I got perturbed by your URL :)
so the full URL to change the currency is:
Code:
http://www.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=currency&task=update&hikashopcurrency=2
The following user(s) said Thank You: SaptarshiC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #94964 by SaptarshiC
Thanks a lot!!! It works!

You will also need to add
Code:
&return_url=http://some_url/
to redirect. Otherwise it will show a blank page (but it will work).

I tried this:
Code:
http://localhost/fashionstore/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=currency&task=update&hikashopcurrency=2&return_url=http://localhost/fashionstore/
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by SaptarshiC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum