DIsplayng variations on listings
13 years 6 months ago #93392
by esotechie
DIsplayng variations on listings was created by esotechie
Hi
Is there a way to set Hikashop to show individual variations in the listing without setting new products. E.g. if there is a product with red and blue, show both red and blue in the product listings.
THanks
Is there a way to set Hikashop to show individual variations in the listing without setting new products. E.g. if there is a product with red and blue, show both red and blue in the product listings.
THanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #93393
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic DIsplayng variations on listings
Hi,
That's not possible. Characteristics can only be displayed on the product page.
If you use custom item fields instead of characteristics (if you don't need to handle different prices/quantity/etc for the different variants) you can display a selection dropdown on the listings though.
That's not possible. Characteristics can only be displayed on the product page.
If you use custom item fields instead of characteristics (if you don't need to handle different prices/quantity/etc for the different variants) you can display a selection dropdown on the listings though.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #93396
by esotechie
Replied by esotechie on topic DIsplayng variations on listings
Not sure if you understood what I was after. I meant to show them as separate items. You can show Brands, Categories and Products. I wanted an option to show variations.
Most of our clients are clothing and the data we upload from our system to Hikashop fits perfectly and there are no issues, But for Jewellery, they would like variations to be shown separately. As an example a ring with two different types of stone, is the same product and loaded as such with two different variations. But they would like them show as separate items in the listings, so as far the listing is concerned they are two products.
Most of our clients are clothing and the data we upload from our system to Hikashop fits perfectly and there are no issues, But for Jewellery, they would like variations to be shown separately. As an example a ring with two different types of stone, is the same product and loaded as such with two different variations. But they would like them show as separate items in the listings, so as far the listing is concerned they are two products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #93436
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic DIsplayng variations on listings
ah indeed, I hadn't understood what you wanted.
But then, I don't see why you don't just create two products if you want to show them as two products ? Is there a problem with that ?
In HikaShop, there is no option to directly display the variants on the listings as normal products. Variants are to be shown as characteristic dropdowns on the product page, that's all.
It will be hard to display the variants on the products listings as the variants are not linked to any category and don't have any data in them by default since they get all the data from the main product. It would actually be quite challenging to do that. You're way better off simply creating the variants as different products.
But then, I don't see why you don't just create two products if you want to show them as two products ? Is there a problem with that ?
In HikaShop, there is no option to directly display the variants on the listings as normal products. Variants are to be shown as characteristic dropdowns on the product page, that's all.
It will be hard to display the variants on the products listings as the variants are not linked to any category and don't have any data in them by default since they get all the data from the main product. It would actually be quite challenging to do that. You're way better off simply creating the variants as different products.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #93449
by esotechie
Replied by esotechie on topic DIsplayng variations on listings
Thanks for the reply Nicolas. There are 2 reasons for the question. One is that the data is already created and they have now requested this. And secondly our routines for uploading the products from the external system at present creates them as one product because the primary purpose was to serve the clothing industry. Now that we are doing fashion as a whole, we have to cater for this for jewellery.
I was just hoping Hikashop catered for this so I did not have to do too much coding
I appreciate your time confirming what I thought was the case. Thanks.
I was just hoping Hikashop catered for this so I did not have to do too much coding
I appreciate your time confirming what I thought was the case. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds