- Posts: 65
- Thank you received: 0
Language based on Geolocation
13 years 6 months ago #93990
by phamosa
Language based on Geolocation was created by phamosa
How can I have the language set according to the Geolocation? The plugin is active but it does not always work..
From Germany, I sometimes still get to the English site, depending on the browser..
Thank you
From Germany, I sometimes still get to the English site, depending on the browser..
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #94000
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Language based on Geolocation
That's not something that HikaShop should handle.
If you use JoomFish on your website for multilingual support, there is actually a geoloc plugin to do that:
www.joomfish.net/en/the-club/87-gold-benefits
Note that the language used by default when you access the website is the language of the browser. If the browser of the user is in dutch but that the user lives in china, the website will display in dutch and not in chinese. If the browser of the user is in dutch, there is a high chance that the user reads dutch regardless of where he lives...
I suggest that you keep it the way it is.
If you use JoomFish on your website for multilingual support, there is actually a geoloc plugin to do that:
www.joomfish.net/en/the-club/87-gold-benefits
Note that the language used by default when you access the website is the language of the browser. If the browser of the user is in dutch but that the user lives in china, the website will display in dutch and not in chinese. If the browser of the user is in dutch, there is a high chance that the user reads dutch regardless of where he lives...
I suggest that you keep it the way it is.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds