- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
Trouble w/Add to Cart Popup & Continue Shopping
13 years 6 months ago #97143
by maple5132
Trouble w/Add to Cart Popup & Continue Shopping was created by maple5132
Hi-
I am a relatively new Joomla user and am struggling with one part of my Hikashop setup - as far as I can tell, everything else is setup and ready to go!
Here’s the issue: When I click on the “ADD TO CART” button, the add to cart popup window displays like a flash before automatically disappearing and redirecting on it’s own to this page.
Once on the page, when I click on the “CONTINUE SHOPPING” button nothing happens. If I click on the PROCEED TO CHECKOUT I am correctly rerouted to checkout.
Here’s my questions:
How can I make the popup stay up longer? I noticed the default setting under Configuration > Main > Notice Popup Display Time was set for 2000 ms. I tried setting it from everything from 4000ms - 100,000 ms and nothing seemed to make it stay longer. As it is now, I barely have time to read the popup much less click on it. Is there a way to set the time in minutes, instead of milliseconds?
Can I stop the popup from automatically redirecting to the repeat page (shown above) and simply close back onto the product page?
How can I activate the Continue Shopping button?
I really appreciate your help! My Hikashop is almost ready to go up, except for this one area!
I am a relatively new Joomla user and am struggling with one part of my Hikashop setup - as far as I can tell, everything else is setup and ready to go!
Here’s the issue: When I click on the “ADD TO CART” button, the add to cart popup window displays like a flash before automatically disappearing and redirecting on it’s own to this page.
Once on the page, when I click on the “CONTINUE SHOPPING” button nothing happens. If I click on the PROCEED TO CHECKOUT I am correctly rerouted to checkout.
Here’s my questions:
How can I make the popup stay up longer? I noticed the default setting under Configuration > Main > Notice Popup Display Time was set for 2000 ms. I tried setting it from everything from 4000ms - 100,000 ms and nothing seemed to make it stay longer. As it is now, I barely have time to read the popup much less click on it. Is there a way to set the time in minutes, instead of milliseconds?
Can I stop the popup from automatically redirecting to the repeat page (shown above) and simply close back onto the product page?
How can I activate the Continue Shopping button?
I really appreciate your help! My Hikashop is almost ready to go up, except for this one area!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #97314
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Trouble w/Add to Cart Popup & Continue Shopping
Hi,
You can edit the view "checkout / notice" to change manually the time duration of this one, and the links to where redirect after clicking on a button.
By default this popup should stay displayed 2 seconds and disappear, the page displayed is the last visited page. When clicking on "continue shopping" it just close the popup.
I think that you have a javascript conflict.
You can edit the view "checkout / notice" to change manually the time duration of this one, and the links to where redirect after clicking on a button.
By default this popup should stay displayed 2 seconds and disappear, the page displayed is the last visited page. When clicking on "continue shopping" it just close the popup.
I think that you have a javascript conflict.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #97425
by maple5132
Replied by maple5132 on topic Trouble w/Add to Cart Popup & Continue Shopping
Thank you so much for your reply! It must be a javascript error as I have changed the time under Notice popup display time to no effect. (The popup “Add to Cart” button continues to disappear at a lightning rate no matter what time lag I assign, immediately redirecting me to an almost blank page... a page on which the “Continue Shopping” button refuses to work! I have added an URL to the Continue shopping button's URL and the “Continue Shopping” button works just fine for the actual Checkout page, just not from the Popup module or the (unwanted) redirect page.
In an attempt to remedy any interfering Javascript error, I installed jQuery Easy but it didn’t help. I also ran an “Error Console” in Safari with the following results:
As a Joomla newbie I don’t know how to code or even understand what these errors mean. Any ideas on where to go from here?
So far, I have checked to make sure I DO NOT have the following plugins installed: jQuery++ integrator, SC jQuery, System - Core Design Scriptegrator, Scroll To Top, SuperFish Dropdown menu module, Google's mod_pagespeed, and Best Alias.
Thank you so much!
In an attempt to remedy any interfering Javascript error, I installed jQuery Easy but it didn’t help. I also ran an “Error Console” in Safari with the following results:
As a Joomla newbie I don’t know how to code or even understand what these errors mean. Any ideas on where to go from here?
So far, I have checked to make sure I DO NOT have the following plugins installed: jQuery++ integrator, SC jQuery, System - Core Design Scriptegrator, Scroll To Top, SuperFish Dropdown menu module, Google's mod_pagespeed, and Best Alias.
Thank you so much!
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by maple5132.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #97490
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Trouble w/Add to Cart Popup & Continue Shopping
Hi,
It can be another extension which can cause the problem, because it's loading a jQuery or Mootools library.
Can you try to disable one by one the other extensions to see which one can cause the problem ?
If you still can't find the problem, could you give us a link to your website ?
It can be another extension which can cause the problem, because it's loading a jQuery or Mootools library.
Can you try to disable one by one the other extensions to see which one can cause the problem ?
If you still can't find the problem, could you give us a link to your website ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #97609
by maple5132
Replied by maple5132 on topic Trouble w/Add to Cart Popup & Continue Shopping
Yes, I found the extension causing the problem and disabled it! Thanks for your advice! However, I still have a slight problem... although clicking the ‘ADD TO CART’ button on a Category page now works correctly (popup window appears and buttons to both CONTINUE SHOPPING or PROCEED TO CHECKOUT work) when I click the ADD TO CART button on a single Product page, the page itself refreshes, but the popup module completely fails to appear in any form whatsoever (and the “?popup=1” is not even added to the URL in the address bar). Why would the popup work correctly on a Category page but not on a single Product page?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #97664
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Trouble w/Add to Cart Popup & Continue Shopping
Hi,
Thanks for the report, we have corrected it on our end and it will be available in the next release.
To correct it now, you have to edit the file "components/com_hikashop/controllers/product.php" and in the function "updatecart()" replace:
By:
Thanks for the report, we have corrected it on our end and it will be available in the next release.
To correct it now, you have to edit the file "components/com_hikashop/controllers/product.php" and in the function "updatecart()" replace:
Code:
if(JRequest::getInt('popup')){
Code:
$config =& hikashop_config();
if(JRequest::getInt('popup') || $config->get('redirect_url_after_add_cart','stay_if_cart') == 'ask_user'){
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97814
by maple5132
Replied by maple5132 on topic Trouble w/Add to Cart Popup & Continue Shopping
Thank you. I accessed the php file you indicated and changed to the new code. The shopping cart popup button now works correctly both from the category page and the individual product pages. However, a new problem as cropped up - after successfully changing the code, the sidebar modules on the website template, including the HikaShop shopping cart module are now shown as elongated and distorted on the product pages (category page is still shows correctly).
I went back to the php file and switched it back to the original code, but this did not correct the problem. Currently, I have saved with the new coding, and the template is still distorted. Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks!
I went back to the php file and switched it back to the original code, but this did not correct the problem. Currently, I have saved with the new coding, and the template is still distorted. Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97882
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Trouble w/Add to Cart Popup & Continue Shopping
Hi,
I don't think it's related on the previous modification for the popup. This modification don't change the display.
You have a cache issue, I think that you changed some things in the template and you see the changes only now after a refresh.
Here is some doc for the css issues:
www.hikashop.com/fr/support/documentatio...ize-the-display.html
I don't think it's related on the previous modification for the popup. This modification don't change the display.
You have a cache issue, I think that you changed some things in the template and you see the changes only now after a refresh.
Here is some doc for the css issues:
www.hikashop.com/fr/support/documentatio...ize-the-display.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: maple5132
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #98072
by maple5132
Replied by maple5132 on topic Trouble w/Add to Cart Popup & Continue Shopping
Problem solved! Thanks so much for your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds