Categories listing , items centered
13 years 5 months ago #97394
by rikatos
Categories listing , items centered was created by rikatos
Hi All
Im sure its simple but have been scratching my head for a little bit.
I have 6 categories.
I have a page width of 4 columns, so 2 categories go on the next line. Not a problem but I would like the second line (just like first infact) to be centered horizontally as well. Can anyone give me a poke in the right direction please.
See below attachement for what it looks like currently, the second row (if not both) I want centered horizontally.
Im sure its simple but have been scratching my head for a little bit.
I have 6 categories.
I have a page width of 4 columns, so 2 categories go on the next line. Not a problem but I would like the second line (just like first infact) to be centered horizontally as well. Can anyone give me a poke in the right direction please.
See below attachement for what it looks like currently, the second row (if not both) I want centered horizontally.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 5 months ago #97460
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Categories listing , items centered
Hi,
You'll probably be able to do it with some CSS code
, if you want peoples to help you, you'll have to give us a link to your web site.
You'll probably be able to do it with some CSS code
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97498
by rikatos
Replied by rikatos on topic Categories listing , items centered
Yeah I suspected it was css just was going around in circles
Sorry my test website that it is on is
www.oceans17.co.uk
running latest hikashop Business (just renewed yayy !) and Joomla 3. Very basic at the moment as even running protostar (the default joomla 3 responsive template).
Thanks in advance
Thanks in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97511
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Categories listing , items centered
Hi,
To center the two elements of the second row, you can apply the following css property: ".hikashop_category_row_2 { position: relative; left: 26%; }"
But when using it on a small screen, (one column displayed) the divs will no be centered, so you have to add a special css property to remove the "left:26%;" if screen size lower than xxx px.
Thanks to search for css tutorials, this forum is not really for css customizations
To center the two elements of the second row, you can apply the following css property: ".hikashop_category_row_2 { position: relative; left: 26%; }"
But when using it on a small screen, (one column displayed) the divs will no be centered, so you have to add a special css property to remove the "left:26%;" if screen size lower than xxx px.
Thanks to search for css tutorials, this forum is not really for css customizations
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97517
by rikatos
Replied by rikatos on topic Categories listing , items centered
ahh ok, didnt really want to bodge it by applying an effective margin of 26%, knew how to do that, was hoping there was something that applies a centering to the rows in general so that when the screen size changes and the row elements change and are always centered, just looks neater thats all.
I know the forum isnt for css customisations, just sometimes other users answer
Thanks for guidance even so
I know the forum isnt for css customisations, just sometimes other users answer
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds