Skip to main content

USPS Shipping Plugin Help

More
13 years 5 months ago #102240 by Dragon41673
Hello all...

I have a question, how exactly does the Hikashop USPS plugin figure out how much product will fit in to the shipping box. I have it installed & enabled, USPS Priority Mail is the default for shipping, and I have the sizes of all my items as well as weight of the items in the product listings. The problem I'm having is that people are ordering enough product to fill more than the box they are bring charged for. How can I correct this?

Thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #102366 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic USPS Shipping Plugin Help
Hi,

The USPS plugin has a max weight of 1120 oz (the max weight of boxes for USPS).
Above that, it creates different packages for the products.
So what you want is to reduce that maximum limit of package size in the usps plugin code. You can do that in the file plugins/hikashopshipping/usps/usps.php

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #102399 by Dragon41673
Hey Nicolas...thanks for replying. I'm trying to find that setting, but I must not be looking in the right place. How do I get to the file?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #102439 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic USPS Shipping Plugin Help
It's not a setting. It's in the code of the plugin, so as I said, your need to edit the file plugins/hikashopshipping/usps/usps.php

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #102469 by Dragon41673
Oh, ok. I am sure I can edit the file...but where do I find that? I no longer have a webmaster to handle this stuff for me, so I'm trying to learn as best as I can, along with help from these forums which has been really great at helping out!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #102473 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic USPS Shipping Plugin Help
You need to contact to your website via FTP and then browse the folders, download the file, edit it and finally upload it back.
You can use filezilla for that.

Otherwise, I recommend you to install an explorer on your website like extplorer: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...ents/file-management

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #102787 by Dragon41673
Hey Nicolas,

I got the files downloaded...and I was going through the usps.php file...but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to update. I found the weight portion of the code...but either there is nothing for the size dimensions or I'm missing it somehow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #102816 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic USPS Shipping Plugin Help
Hi,

You need to search for "1120" in the file and replace it with a lower number.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #102856 by Dragon41673
Ah ok, so the weight is what's causing the selection of the package?

Who would I speak to about a suggestion of using the measurements section of hikashop to compare against the USPS flat rate boxes. This way box selection would be appropriate to the size of the item?

Thanks Nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #102907 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic USPS Shipping Plugin Help
Hi,

Yes.

That would require this shipping plugin to be rewritten. Unfortunately, the plugin has been developed by a third party developer who is not maintaining it anymore. We don't have the necessary knowledge on USPS API to perform that on our end for now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #102908 by Dragon41673
Darn...I'll try tweaking the 1120 setting a bit here & there and see what works best.

Thanks for all the help Nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #107968 by Dragon41673
Nicolas...I changed this a while back, but I think I changed it too far...and now I can't remember what line in the code it was.

Without going back & re-installing the plugin so I can find the line that had 1120 in is, can you tell me if this is the correct line I modified??? The x''s represent the numerical number entered which in the standard unmodified case would be 1120.

$maw_weight = xxxx;


Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #107978 by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic USPS Shipping Plugin Help
Hello there,

Search for these lines, you should find it easily :) :
Code:
$weightClass=hikashop_get('helper.weight'); $volumeClass=hikashop_get('helper.volume'); $maw_weight =
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Eliot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #108010 by Dragon41673
Hello Eliot!

I found it, it was the same as the line I was referring to...

I had dropped it down to 840 and it was charging almost double of what it originally was...so I'm going to move it up to 980 (half way between 840 & 1120).

I appreciate all the help you guys provide! So thank you to all of you that have helped me over the last 6 months on several other issues too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum