- Posts: 73
- Thank you received: 1
custom characteristic layout (radio to image)
13 years 4 months ago #107087
by Ortix
custom characteristic layout (radio to image) was created by Ortix
Hi I'm trying to change the radio buttons to images in hika 1.6 but i'm having a hard time doing so. The code is very fragmented and I don't have the time to sift through it all..
I basically want the radio buttons to be images with the text below. Now it's radio button with the text to the side. The image file name can be the characteristic id.
Here's what I'm trying to achieve (the text is missing here):
i.imgur.com/kSd2fVr.jpg
I have everything working except for those images
this shows how awesome hikashop is!
Thanks in advance
I basically want the radio buttons to be images with the text below. Now it's radio button with the text to the side. The image file name can be the characteristic id.
Here's what I'm trying to achieve (the text is missing here):
i.imgur.com/kSd2fVr.jpg
I have everything working except for those images
Thanks in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #107109
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic custom characteristic layout (radio to image)
Hi there,
Since custom fields haven't been made to be displayed this way, doing this modification will require some good development knowledge.
If you think you can handle it, you have to look in the field.php file in administrator/components/com_hikahsop/classes
You can then found the checkbox class and edit the htlm which will be displayed to add your images.
Basically you have to keep the checkboxes and make it hidden (or it won't work anymore) plus your images must trigger the right checkbox and submit the form.
I hope you can go trough this.
Since custom fields haven't been made to be displayed this way, doing this modification will require some good development knowledge.
If you think you can handle it, you have to look in the field.php file in administrator/components/com_hikahsop/classes
You can then found the checkbox class and edit the htlm which will be displayed to add your images.
Basically you have to keep the checkboxes and make it hidden (or it won't work anymore) plus your images must trigger the right checkbox and submit the form.
I hope you can go trough this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108155
by Ortix
Replied by Ortix on topic custom characteristic layout (radio to image)
are you sure it's in there? None of my changes appear in the shop. I even removed all the methods inside the hikashopRadioCheck class but everything still worked..
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108235
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic custom characteristic layout (radio to image)
Hi,
Sorry but I didn't understand your question or the answer of Eliot.
Where is your radio button in your screenshot ?
Regards,
Sorry but I didn't understand your question or the answer of Eliot.
Where is your radio button in your screenshot ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108288
by Ortix
Replied by Ortix on topic custom characteristic layout (radio to image)
My image displays what i am trying to achieve. The images are basically the radio buttons. I do realize that the radio buttons are hidden and that I have to use javascript to actually change the value of the corresponding radio button, but I don't know where I can find the code to change the type of the radio button and display the images.
So to restate my question:
I want the radio buttons to be images. That is all. The characteristics of my product are colors. And instead of them being radio buttons, I want them to be images.
So to restate my question:
I want the radio buttons to be images. That is all. The characteristics of my product are colors. And instead of them being radio buttons, I want them to be images.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108384
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic custom characteristic layout (radio to image)
That will require to code a characteristic display override as explained here:
www.hikashop.com/fr/forum/2-general-talk...characteristics.html
www.hikashop.com/fr/forum/2-general-talk...characteristics.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds