- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 1
How to integrate iDevAffiliate tracking system
- lorenzogiacomini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I want to integrate iDevAffiliate (an affiliate tracking software) with Hikashop.
So I'd like to know where I can place my 3rd party tracking pixel code because
I've tried to put it on the locations you specify in the forum but it doesn't work.
Any suggestion?
Thanks
Lorenzo Giacomini
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't think this have to do with Hikahsop since this code can be put everywhere on the page (I think).
You can for example put it in the index.php of your template.
However, if you really want to put this code in Hikashop, the view checkout_step should do the job.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- lorenzogiacomini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 1
I need the code to be called only after the purchase is complete. So on the order complete page.
Is there a place in the file where the code should go so that it's called when the order complete page is shown?
eliot wrote: Hi Lorenzo,
I don't think this have to do with Hikahsop since this code can be put everywhere on the page (I think).
You can for example put it in the index.php of your template.
However, if you really want to put this code in Hikashop, the view checkout_step should do the job.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
the trigger onAfterOrderUpdate may interest you. If making a plugin seems to complicate, you can also add your code in the view step of checkout (Display>Views)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- lorenzogiacomini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 1
I can't make a plugin because I'm not a coder but if you tell me in what line of the file "step" I have to put the code,
it could help me a lot.
So an instruction like "put that code on line X after the code Y" would be perfect for me!
Thanks in advance
Lorenzo
eliot wrote: In this case you can take a look at this documentation: www.hikashop.com/fr/support/documentatio...r-documentation.html
the trigger onAfterOrderUpdate may interest you. If making a plugin seems to complicate, you can also add your code in the view step of checkout (Display>Views)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can read more about all that on this thread and the links we give on that thread:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/68067...es.html?limitstart=0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- lorenzogiacomini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 1
to make things easy I will use only the payment via PayPal.
So can you tell me where to put the code?
Thanks a lot!
Lorenzo
nicolas wrote: To tell you exactly in which file to add it, we would need to know the payment methods you're using on your website.
You can read more about all that on this thread and the links we give on that thread:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/68067...es.html?limitstart=0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Note that you need to leave the "return URL" field of the options of the paypal payment method empty if you want it to work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- lorenzogiacomini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 1
can you help me telling in what part of the file I have to put the code?
I need a suggestion like: "Put the code after that line...".
Thanks again.
Lorenzo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- lorenzogiacomini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 1
but it doesn't work because it's called on every step of the checkout process where it should
be called only on the confirmation page of the checkout.
Perhaps it should be placed in "checkout_step"; but I need to know in which line to paste it in
a way that is not called on every step of the checkout.
nicolas wrote: You can put it at the start.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I can guarantee you that it is not the case.
Simply put the code below at the beginning of that file. That will stop the processing of the page. You will see that this file is not called during the checkout since you will see your checkout.
<?php exit; ?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- lorenzogiacomini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 1
Lorenzo
tomhika wrote: Lorenzo, I wanted to know ......did this work for you? I have the same problem. Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I know I ask you a lot of questions but I promise I am doing it to make perfect How-To-Hikashop videos
Kyle with a
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You're talking about the configuration of the affiliate system of HikaShop while this thread is about customizing the thank you page of HikaShop to add tracking code for sales tracking for statistics.
There is no particular URL for affiliates to be tracked. They can use any URL of your website and just add their partner parameter: ?partner_id=XXX where XXX is the id of their user in HikaShop.
If you create banners in your backend (menu Affiliates>Banners) the partners will get HTML codes they can use on their website with the partner parameter already added.
You can see an example on our own website: www.hikashop.com/my-account/affiliate-program.html
Adding a request payment button can be done quite easily by modifying the file "show" of the view "affiliate" via the menu Display>Views and adding a link to the contact form of your website.
Having an automatic notification system once a partner reaches a certain threshold could be something we could add in the future. We don't have any plans yet as no one asked for that so far. I guess that it is done manually by most merchants, especially for small shops, the main target of HikaShop, since besides big players like amazon, you don't usually have more than a few dozens/hundreds partners.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you so much, that is all great to know!
Kyle, with a smile
Kyle with a
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.