- Posts: 151
- Thank you received: 9
How to create a productlisting menu for a category
13 years 2 months ago #113447
by Maurice
How to create a productlisting menu for a category was created by Maurice
Hi,
This may be a simple question, however I wasn't able to find out how to do it.
I have several categories with products in it. When I open a product I want a menu to appear that contains all the products from the category the opened product is in.
When I open a product from another category, I want the menu to show the products from that specific category.
Any idea?
Maurice
This may be a simple question, however I wasn't able to find out how to do it.
I have several categories with products in it. When I open a product I want a menu to appear that contains all the products from the category the opened product is in.
When I open a product from another category, I want the menu to show the products from that specific category.
Any idea?
Maurice
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 2 months ago #113450
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic How to create a productlisting menu for a category
Hi Maurice,
So if I correctly understood when you're in a product's page, you want to display in this page a content module which will show the products that are in the same category ?
So if I correctly understood when you're in a product's page, you want to display in this page a content module which will show the products that are in the same category ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #113460
by Maurice
Replied by Maurice on topic How to create a productlisting menu for a category
Hi Mohamed,
No not IN the content itself but at the sidebar where you normally publish other modules.
So if I'm in a product page display a menu (or module with a list) which shows all products from that same category.
No not IN the content itself but at the sidebar where you normally publish other modules.
So if I'm in a product page display a menu (or module with a list) which shows all products from that same category.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #113522
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic How to create a productlisting menu for a category
Hi,
You can create a product listing module, you should see a default created one "Relateds products".
This module will display the products in the same category than the displayed one.
You can retrieve the configuration of this module on our demo website too.
You can create a product listing module, you should see a default created one "Relateds products".
This module will display the products in the same category than the displayed one.
You can retrieve the configuration of this module on our demo website too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maurice
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #113658
by Maurice
Replied by Maurice on topic How to create a productlisting menu for a category
Hi,
I've managed to create a product listing module that indeed shows the content of the category when I open a productpage. Thank you for that!
Only when I'm on the homepage it shows all products from all categories and it's a kilometer long (or so)
Is there a way to only show this module when a productpage is diplayed?
Maurice
I've managed to create a product listing module that indeed shows the content of the category when I open a productpage. Thank you for that!
Only when I'm on the homepage it shows all products from all categories and it's a kilometer long (or so)
Is there a way to only show this module when a productpage is diplayed?
Maurice
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Maurice.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #113880
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic How to create a productlisting menu for a category
Hi,
By default you can set a module under the product page, but this module will no be displayed in the sidebar.
You can maybe find a plugin which call a module in a certain position when you use a tag on the product page.
Or in the Joomla options of the module, add a suffix class, like:
Then in Configuration > Display > CSS, edit the frontend css file, and add the property: #onproduct{ display: none;}
And edit the view "product / show_default" (via Display > Views) at the end of the view add the code:
By default you can set a module under the product page, but this module will no be displayed in the sidebar.
You can maybe find a plugin which call a module in a certain position when you use a tag on the product page.
Or in the Joomla options of the module, add a suffix class, like:
Code:
" id="onproduct"
And edit the view "product / show_default" (via Display > Views) at the end of the view add the code:
Code:
<script>
document.getElementById('onproduct').style.display = 'inherit';
</script>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds